LXII • The Fall

What was once a thriving Sanctuary full of ambitious people happy to be alive amongst one another became desolate and grey. Those that were left were treated like slaves, worked to the bone to provide for the new inhabitants that didn't want to do anything but consume food and drink.

There were no rules or laws. There was no purpose. The soldiers ran amok and did what they wanted, as did Spencer. He learned quickly that his wives hated him, and he didn't really have any desire to force them, so he passed them off to his soldiers. He didn't care where they worked, as long as they were useful. Otherwise they'd end up thrown out the front gate, like the other non-essential Sanctuary dwellers.

He wandered through the cell block that was filled with his VIP prisoners, the ones that he didn't want to set free. He very much enjoyed his menagerie, Savior and Alexandrian alike. He'd even found Maggie hunkered down with a bunch of other pregnant chicks. They had the nicest cell, all together so they could share in their hormonal misery. He'd offered the pretty blonde nurse a ticket out of there and straight into his pants but she'd refused.

Uptight bitches.

He kicked at the door to Rick's solitary cell with glee as he passed. Then came Regina. Then Daryl, who'd made a valiant effort, really. But here he was, sandwiched between two lieutenants. This second one was Spencer's prize pony. She'd been such a condescending cunt that day that Negan had visited Alexandria. And now she was breaking in the dark.

He slid open the rectangular hole on the door, and lowered his face to peer into the darkness.

"You still alive in there, blondie?" He sang, and a stream of blood slicked out of the hole, slapping him in the cheek. He backed up and gagged, wiping at his face maniacally. He heard the bitch laugh and he slammed the hole shut with a frustrated growl. "You're going to break sometime! Just like your loser lover when I beat him so close to death he begged for it!"

"Liar!" There was a thump as she seemed to throw herself into the door in anger. "He wouldn't!"

"He did," Spencer said, sneering at the door. "He bowed to me at the end, and so will you."

Talia kneaded the morning bread dough, her arms protesting the motion

Talia kneaded the morning bread dough, her arms protesting the motion. But she knew she couldn't stop. She'd seen more than one of her peers hauled out to god knew what fate for not fulfilling their duties to these men. So she just kneaded her dough.

She was just glad the kids had made it out okay. She hoped that the school teachers were taking good care of them, and that they were behaving well. She hoped that they'd all made it to the Kingdom, and that even if help never came to the Sanctuary, that they'd live a good life there. She'd heard great things about Ezekiel and the way he ran his community.

Talia caught a flash of red as Frankie blew past her with a tray of cups of coffee. There wasn't much of that left. There wasn't much of anything left at this point, and they were really low on a lot of the commodities that these men were consuming.