Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Natalie's POV

Quietly adjusting Raigh-lee on my hip, I quickly unlocked the door to Aiden's apartment before turning the knob and pushing the door open. Kicking the door closed with my foot, I reached to switch on the light switch when I almost had a heart attack at the individual sitting a few feet away from me.

"What the hell are you doing sitting in the dark?" I inquired while turning on some more lights as Aiden stood from the sofa while walking towards me. "Are you okay?" I asked while staring up at his face as I gently placed Raigh-lee down before she hurried off into the living room. As I stood back up to meet Aiden eye to eye, I felt his arms wrap around my body before I was pulled towards his. "What's wrong?" I urged while wrapping my arms around his waist as he sighed.

"He didn't touch you, did he?" He questioned back as I felt him tense under my embrace. Sighing into his shirt, I shook my head as he gently pulled back before inspecting my face. As he gently cupped my cheek with one hand, he ran his fingers over the rest of my face with feather like motions. "Are you sure you're okay?" He inquired while meeting my eyes as I gently smiled up at him.

"I'm fine darling." I sighed while leaning into his touch before he pressed his lips against my forehead. "Have you eaten dinner yet?" I asked, changing the subject completely, while looking up at him as he stared down at me for a second before pressing his lips against mine.

"I might not know your reason for going to see him today but please be careful." He whispered, gently pulling away while looking down at me. "I'm always here for you and Raigh-lee because I love you." He proclaimed as I gently stroked his cheek before kissing him again. "And to answer your earlier question, I haven't eaten. I wanted to wait on you and Raigh-lee to arrive before I did." He stated while leading me towards the kitchen where a great feast was laid out.

"What? How?" I questioned while looking up at Aiden as he just smiled before leading me over to the table. After making sure I was seated comfortably, he disappeared into the living room as Raigh-lee's squeal echoed through the apartment. He quickly walked back in before placing her in her high chair with some food. "Aiden, where did all of this food come from?" I asked, astonished by the amounts that littered the table as Aiden took a seat across from me.

"I had plenty of time to think when Lucy sent me a message telling me that you were going to that monster's house." He stated as his eyes met mine once again. "She refused to tell me where he lived so I had no way of locating you unless she told me. I felt completely useless so I spent a majority of my time cooking. And eventually, I started running out of equipment to cook with." He added as I looked him over clearly while grabbing a glass of what I assumed was wine.

"So, that's how you know." I stated while smelling the liquid before sipping quietly as he nodded. "Are you angry with me?" I asked as he let out a sigh before shaking his head.

"No, I was more worried than angry. I knew this day would come but I wasn't sure when." He stated while cutting into his steak as I stared at him in confusion.

"What day are you talking about? And you were...worried about me?" I asked while staring at him with wide eyes. Was I hearing clearly or did he just say that he was worried about me? If it were William, he'd be furious. He'd be inflicting pain on me for not really obeying him. As the realization of it all started to slowly kick in, a feeling I thought would never return slowly started to make my heart throb.

"The day that you faced your demon." He stated while staring at me with so much love in his eyes. "From the day I officially met you at Lucy's house up until now, you've been growing whether you've noticed it or not, Nat. I knew that eventually you'd go face your ex fiance when the time was right. I just didn't realize that it would be so soon." He stated while gently picking up his wine glass. "And to be able to help and guide you on that journey, I am proud of you." He smiled while raising his glass towards mine as we gently tapped them against each other.

"Thank you so much for sticking by my side during the good and the bad, Aiden." I stated while smiling his way as he returned it back. "But, I only went to see William because I was ready to start my life brand new again without anybody controlling my life or breathing down my neck. I was tired of living in fear that he might destroy the goodness in my life, including you and our future." I explained as Aiden nodded knowingly before reaching for my hand while I met his halfway, entwining our fingers. "Aiden, I realized that I won't let William and my experience with him hold me back from loving you because I now know that you are nothing like him. You are much better and I'm glad to call you my partner in crime." I explained as he kissed our entwined fingers while still watching me. "I love you so much." I added as a smile graced his face.

"I love you too."

////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////

Heyo darlings!

I'm back at it again with another update but closer to the previous one. Yay! Also, I'm not crying or anything. Just a little bit, Natalie is growing up so fast. Eventually, she won't need me to write her story anymore ;-;

Andrea

P.S. When the time comes (very soon) I'll move on to telling somebody else's story. The sweet cycle of a writer.