t w e n t y - t w o | s k y e

t w e n t y - t w o | s k y e

SKYE FINDS HIMSELF staring into a mirror that was provided in the spacious room he was given

SKYE FINDS HIMSELF staring into a mirror that was provided in the spacious room he was given. Earlier in the day, Bryan and Skye had been sent armour from the finest leather workers here in Halsa in preparation for the upcoming battle. He can immediately feel the quality in its flexibility and senses its durability woven in with magic.

Sighing, he stares into his reflection and has to fight a frown as he notices the blue and purple bruises decorating his pale complexion, darkening his slightly swollen right eye and framing every other curve on his face. As a layer on top of that, small and large cuts trace their ways across his skin, leaving angry red marks to blend with his bruises. The look is complete with dark circles beneath his eyes, giving them a slightly sunken in appearance. He hasn't slept much lately, and now, with a pang of shame, he knows people can see that fact.

He quickly looks away from his marred face, focusing instead on the armour his body adorns. It's a strong dark brown leather with interlocking pieces to add to its strength with different magic on each layer.

"You ready?" Bryan says suddenly, and Skye jumps at his sudden presence in the doorway but relaxes when he sees who it is.

"Since when were you able to be so sneaky?" He says with a chuckle.

"I'm afraid that may be my doing."

It's then that Raz enters the room behind Bryan and he scoffs. "Right, of course. The ever mysterious Seer."

"It is rather mysterious. He knew where to meet me before I even knew to be there myself." Bryan says, nudging the young man in question with a playful twinkle in his eyes.

Oddly, Raz's stony expression that Skye has only ever seen softens slightly into one that could be compared to amusement. "I can't exactly control everything I see but yes, I suppose that makes me sneaky or mysterious or whatever you would like to call it."

The two start discussing Raz's power once more but Skye finds himself looking in the mirror once again. His eyes are painfully to the lion stitched into the shoulder blade, the symbol for the island of Halsa. Skye should be wearing the simple but powerful crest of a dragon, meant to match the dragon marks they all have on their collarbones and the symbol of Orleyn. Orleyn has always been the center, the home, for all dragons and Riders. Now that it's been taken over...

"I miss our home too." Bryan says to him suddenly, his eyes also focused on the foreign symbol.

Skye lifts his chin, and turns away from the mirror. "We'll take our home back. I just hope our people are still alive."

Bryan nods, remembering the captives they left behind, then adds absentmindedly, "I hope Tamla is alright. My parents as well."

Skye feels a pang of sadness at the mention of Ellerin's sister, remembering how she had always cared for him when his father never bothered to heal him after he beat him. She was always understanding and knew not to say anything. She and Skye both wanted to tell the whole city about what he was doing, and Skye still does, but he knew that his father had tabs on him. Atol would never let him tell anyone.