39

Frost's p.o.v
************

   Chapter Thirty-nine: Do you smell it? That smell? A kind of smelly smell... A smelly smell that smells... smelly...

Now the words Smell and smelly look hella weird-

"That's whyyyy, I still get jealous!" I sing.

Manon grumbles, "That's Nova in a song. Literally."

"I'm right here you know," Nova says while looking at her in the rear-view mirror.

"Really? I never knew," she replies sarcastically.

"Shut up," he retorts.

Oh lordt.

She crosses her arms, "You took my spot just so you could be next to Frost. We'll listen here buddy, I am Frost's best friend! I always sit next to her!"

"Well Manon, I'm her boyf-"

"Don't make me turn this car around!" I yelled, cutting off their bickering. Cole chuckles and holds Manon back from snatching Nova's hair.

"You haven't even started the car..." Cole says before laughing.

"I'm not going to school with my best friend and boyfriend, arguing," I say with a grin. "Now, what are we arguing about?"

Manon inhales deeply, "HE TOOK MY SPOT!"

"No, I didn't! I got here first!"

"You tripped me!"

"No, I didn't! You're just clumsy."

"So you call sticking your foot out in front of me, clumsy?!"

"Children!" I yell, "Settle down, or I'll throw you out the windows! We are all practically adults!"

"Yeah Manon," Nova glares at her.

"Yeah Nova," she mimics.

•.•

We arrived at Math just before the bell rang. We sat in our normal seats, and Harry joined us.

"Sup," Harry says over Mr. Earl's words.

"Hi," I wiggle my brows at him. "Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

Mr. Earl clears his throat, gaining our attention. "Good morning class, I don't want to waste time today, so I'll get to the point."

I lean over to Manon, "He's probably announcing that he's marrying a pig." she snickers loudly and Nova rolls his eyes.

"That's messed up Matthews,"

"I would like Frost to stand up please." Mr. Earl says and I groan.

"Now you've done it. You and your loud snickering..." I whisper to Manon before bolting up. "Yes, sir? How may I help thy."

He shakes his head, "You have gained the most test score improvements in my class. Congratulations."

Some people clap, and I bow sarcastically. I don't even know these fools. "What was the improvement?" I ask and nervously look at Nova.

Watch it be a one-

"Seventy-two," he says and my mouth falls open.

Oh God! What did I have before?! A zero? Well, don't I feel dumb. I should be rewarded with my mom's famous, homemade turkey sandwich.

And some chips of course. Can't forget those.

"Yay Frost!" Manon claps.

"Woo!" Nova cheers while clapping along with the other students, "That's my girl!"