Chapter 29 - Decisions

" Yomiko presents a strong point...I'd be leaving the Famille' after all..."

(I may say that but, were should i go? Back to the streets, i guess...)

Wallowing in my thoughts i lay on my bed contemplating.

Then i heard a knock on my door.

(Who could it be?) 

I was surprised when i opened my door.

"Y-Yomiko..."

She just stood there her brow crossed a bit red and seems to be trying so hard not to punch me.

(Is she checking if i already packed my things?)

"I, uh...i was about to pack my things...If you're worried..."

"It's not that!" she abruptly said as she cuts me off.

"Look...listen you see..."

(She seems angry she's a bit red, i dunno what she wants with me this time...)

"Uhmm...I need to pack my things..."

"Shut up! and listen first!"

"O-ok..."(a bit rude now ain't she...)

"Look! I'm sorry okay, i...uh, went to far okay i shouldn't have said that." she said while cautiously looking away from me.

"So i don't need to go."

"No, you don't! So goodnight!!!" she vented as she hurriedly walks away, enters her room and slams the door while closing it.

"Owkey..."

One night a few days later.

I'm standing alone out the Famille' rooftop balcony.

(It was my fault that Reimako is unhappy right now, it's been days since that incident with her i, leaving here without clearing things up with her first won't solve anything but  i don't know what to do anymore.)

For the past few days, this was all i could think about.

No matter how much i think about it without any variable solution there's really nothing i could do to help Reimako.

*Sigh* "What can i do..."

Just then.

I heard the creaking sound of the rooftop door opening.

"Hiya.."

"Good evening, Miyoko."

Miyoko walks in and i tell her about everything that happened. She listens with a serious expression and occasionally nodding.

"I see..."

"Yomiko really said that huh? But it's a good thing she apologized later, and you heard the full story about Reimako, huh?"

"Yeah..."

"Say, Mina."

"Hm?"

All of the sudden her voice sound cheerful.

"Do you want to do something to help Reimako?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you ready to go to such lengths to help her?"

"Such lengths? What lengths? I haven't done anything yet to help her, what do you mean by that?"

"It's not because she's younger than you, or she's adorably cute you would want to protect her, is it?"

Unusually she looks at me with a serious expression as she says this, commonly she just teases me so this is a surprisingly change of phase for her.

"That doesn't have anything to do with it...i simply just want to help her." As i say this Miyoko suddenly interrupts me.

"Of course that's always you "Mr. Selfless always putting others before yourself."

"That's why now you seem to understand how things have been for Reimako..."

"So why?"

"Why?"

"Why are you rushing to try and help her like this, when you understand your own feeling?"

Her words feel like an electric shock running through my body.

(Yeah...she's right, i was so focus on trying to help her, i forgot to ask myself the obvious question, why am i trying so hard to help her...)

"Say, Mina...i remember that you said before that, you wanted to stand by her side and help her right?" she continued.

"Why did you say that?"

"Well...i, uh..."

Whenever i'm with Reimako, I really enjoy myself with her company. So when i see her looking unhappy, i feel my heart's going to break.

(So in other words...)

Really, I realized how i felt a long time ago without realizing it? Does that make sense?

But, now it really comes home to me.

"It's b-because..."

"Go on...it's because..."

"I love her..."

"I really, really love her..."

*Sigh*" So you finally realized it huh, god you're so dense you can't even realize your own feelings."

"You're too thick to even understand your own feelings it's no wonder you can't understand what others feel but besides that you still give your all to help them."

"Alright, i get it, lay off me will you..."

"Ahahahahah you're so dense you're denser than a black hole."

"Shut up, Miyoko."

Miyoko peers into my eyes smiling.

"So? What are you going to do now? You love Rei, right?"

"Y-yeah..." i as i feel myself blushing.

"So you understand now what you can for her, Mina?"

(What can i do for Reimako..)

She closed her heart off after being reminded of everything she went through she had trust issues, what can i do for her?

Just then i think back to what Yomiko said.

"I understand why she's been so unhappy now, it's because of you!!"

"It's because you're here!"

*Transition over*

"Hey! don't cut me off!"

"Mina...?"

"Do you think it's a good idea to tell her now?" i contemplated.

"Geez! Luiz! I already cleared the misunderstanding with her, i already talk to her, she's probably waiting for a chance to apologize to you as well, so stop being a wuss you wuss!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! So go and tell her how you feel you wuss!"

"Yeah! Okay!"

"That's the spirit! now go and get yourself rejected!"

"W-What?"

"Just kidding, just go."

"Alright."

(This is the only thing i can do for her, after all.)

"I've decided i'm going to leave the Famille'."

"HUH?"