Eight 👀

DAMIEN

Centuries of being a fluffy, mice eating, fur ball hacking, cat ... damn it feels good to be on two legs again.

I roll my shoulders, crack my neck, then turn towards the one whos blood freed me from that damn curse; my half sister.

"How did ... Uh," she looks at me with wide doe eyes and her full lips slightly parted. Got to say, I have thought about those lips quite a lot durring the two years I've been with her. Like things I could stick between them ... to shut her up when she snores or talks out her frustrations.

"Your blood, well specifically the 'blood of my father' countered the curse. So, thank you, but now we have bigger problems."

"Such as?"

"That, dear sweet sister, will have to wait for tonight. First, I'm feeling the need to feed." I look towards the wolf vamp spawn. "Where is the nearest brothel?"

"Its illegal here, plus its day light. You won't find one open." He quickly looks back towards Beth. "Not that I know much about them."

I can see in her eyes she doesn't believe that for a second. He owns a club, of course not everything that happens inside those walls is one hundred percent by the books.

"Well then, maybe Birdy or your-"

"Don't you dare lay a fang on either of them!" She jumps up and is in front of me before I can blink.

"Speed ... check," I grin, my eyes holding the gaze of her vibrant violet eyes. I then lower my lips to the shell of her ear and whisper, "what other tricks can you perform, little sis?"

I hear her heart beat speed up briefly and can't help but smirk as I glance behind her towards Zyn. The mutt is jealous. Good.

"What abilities should I try?"

"Think you can keep up?" I step around her, pulling the waist coat around my linen shirt. I will definetly need an update in my wardrobe. People will think I'm some period actor or something.

"Keep up?"

"Chase me," I lean close again and whisper in her ear. I make sure to catch her eyes with mine afterwords, knowing the challenge will be enough of a spark to cause her to agree.

The quick shimmer of violet against her grey eyes showed she accepted. Purrfect.

I looked over at Zyn, "meet us back at her place." And with that I dashed out the splintered front door, using all the speed I could muster.

She wasn't a full pureblooded vampire, but she was fast. Surprisingly she kept up. I led her through the trees, over creeks, on and on till I stopped right on the edge of a cliff.

She stopped beside of me, almost losing her balance. I, being the gentleman I am, grasped her waist to help steady her and pulled her back against me.

"Wow," she took a deep breath as her eyes scanned the view from the cliff top.

"The view has changed over the years. The city spreading and taking over the forest," I couldn't help but nuzzle my cheek against hers, a sound rumbling in my chest.

"Are you purring?" She snickered quietly as she glanced over her shoulder at me.

"I guess its a hard habit to break," I flash her my grin, feeling how her body just leans into my embrace.

She then looks away, shaking her head as she pulls away from me.

"What?" I can tell something is on her mind.