Metamorphosis (Remus Lupin)

I know, I know - two updates in two days 

I might be more surprised than you are. But my lecture was cancelled this morning so I got the time to just sit and write. This was requested by MalvaMalfoy and I tried to include as much of your original request as possible, but I'm a little worried it's not quite what you asked for. Hopefully you'll still like it though, so be sure to comment and tell me what you think!

Also, I'd like all you fawns to pay attention to the message at the end. 

I wasn't sure how coming back to Hogwarts would make me feel. But, as I stared at the double doors in front of me, I certainly hadn't expected to feel like this. When I'd left Hogwarts two years ago, I had been the quiet girl, the doormat and transferring schools gave me the chance to move beyond that image. It had taken a lot of work; I'd spent the first 3 months forcing myself out of my comfort zone whenever I'd gotten the chance. But eventually, somehow, I grew more confident and more importantly, I loved myself. And somehow, that love that I had for myself, reflected directly on the way I carried myself.

Merlin, I certainly hadn't expected that it would take just coming back onto campus to have me beginning to transform back into that girl again. But, I wasn't that girl anymore. I wasn't the meek Hufflepuff girl that let anyone, and everyone walk all over me. Helga I wasn't going to become that girl again. Never.

Adjusting my robes, my eyes lingered on the yellow underlayer. Even when I'd been sorted into a different house at my new school, my affection for my house never faded. I'd certainly missed the Hufflepuff Basement more than I had ever thought I would. Yellow was definitely my colour.

Taking another moment to gather myself, I dropped my shoulders and pushed the doors open, walking into the hall. The sound of the opening doors had every student turning towards me and the old me would have faltered under the combined weight of the eyes. But instead, I walked with my head held high towards the Hufflepuff table and sat down at the end. Already I could hear the murmurs beginning as they wondered just who I was, and why the first years hadn't entered yet. Merlin, I'd forgotten just how much the students liked to gossip.

As I'd expected, no one made any moves to approach me and instead continued to watch me, gossiping among themselves. And on my part, I just met all the waiting eyes who grew flustered, promptly looking away when they realised they'd been caught. Rolling my eyes, I looked towards the double doors when they opened to welcome the new parade of first years.

The entrance of the new students had most of the eyes shifting away from me. But it certainly didn't make everyone turn their attention. No, the students next to me – the ones that I had just realised had been my old dormmates – continued to talk as if they had no idea that I could hear them. They weren't even worth the effort of looking towards them, so I didn't. I just continued to watch as the sorting took place.