Prologue

(This story is not for the faint of heart and starts slow )

“Iris!” Velna called her oldest child as she sat on the couch with her beloved husband, Brett Bennett. He talked to his boss and co-workers, who had gathered to celebrate the promotion they had rewarded him.

Now he needed to prove he had the proper family.

Iris, at age eight, stepped down in a lovely pink dress that made her brown hair stand out. She looked just like her father. Her orange eyes, surrounded by thick eyelashes, were full of life; her skin was sun-kissed from playing outside with her sister. Her posture perfect as she walked towards her dad. He picked her up and set her on his knee.

“Oh, this is your oldest, let's see her powers!” exclaimed his boss with a kind smile on his face.

Iris snapped her fingers, and all the candles in the house lit up. Then, in a blink of an eye, she disappeared, and the company gasped in admiration. Both parents smiled as their daughter reappeared. “What about your second child?” One man asked.

Velna nodded, “Annie!” She called. Annie stepped down from the steps in a blue dress. Her short, crazy, curly hair matching the color of her sister's was a shade darker. Her eyes were a dark red, and her pudgy cheeks had a natural blush as her tan skin glowed. Though her chubby, short body made her second favorite to her parents.

She was seven years old and stuck in her older sister's shadow. She resembled her mom, but her mother wouldn't claim the resemblance because she was two sizes too big. She walked towards her sister, and her father placed her on his other knee. Likewise, she showed her powers by turning the fireplace on, then going invisible, then showing herself. They all clapped as the little girl blushed.

Brett's best friend then spoke up, “what about your third daughter?” He said with a knowing tone.

His boss raised his eyebrows. “I didn't know you had three daughters,” he uttered with confusion. His coworkers shared the same look as Brett's best friend, Carter, crosses his arms.

No one at his work knew of the third child. It was rare for a Two-power family to have three kids. Supposedly, that's why the third had a glitch. Brett was sure that if his boss found out, he, a two-powered human, had three children. His career could end. He glared at his best friend. “Ah right,” he states, unsure. 

“Call her,” he then demands to his wife.

She looked hesitant, but lifted her head towards the stairwell. “ Navi, get dressed, and come downstairs!” She called out.

A giggle floats downstairs and Navi bounces downstairs. A smile plastered on her face, showing her perfect teeth. The six-year-old had a black sundress on, and her snow blonde hair met just a little past her shoulders. Her crystal ice-blue eyes held an oblivious life to them as she gazed at her parents with excitement.

She never got the chance to meet many people. Her petite frame gave her a full, innocent appearance as she skipped to her mother. Her mom put a fake smile on her face as she picked her up and sat her on the couch. The little girl giggled as Iris rolled her eyes at her little sister. “Well, show us your powers, darling,” her father's boss said with a smile. She nodded.

She outstretched her hand towards the fireplace as the ice came out, but it missed the fire. She froze the wall and photos surrounding the fireplace. People gasped, but the oblivious girl just dug herself deeper. She teleported across the room, as she stepped toward her father, she teleports again right in front of her father's boss. She walks right into him, causing her to fall back on her back.

A laugh escapes a few of her father's coworker's lips. Navi smiles, thinking they were laughing with her when they were laughing at her. Her dad's boss glared at him as he said: “you best be glad I am a nice man, or you would be fired!” Angrily, He turns and walks out along with the other men.

All but Carter.

Brett glares at his best friend. “why would you do that!” He yells.

Carter glares back while pointing at Navi,” that is your daughter, you treat her as if she is nothing.” Poor Navi sat watching till her mother told her to go to her room. She stood up and ran upstairs.

After that day, Carter came around less, but when he did, it was only for the mistake, the glitch, only for Navi.

**

*Edited*