19 - the damned letter.

SOME OF YALL MAY HATE ME FOR THIS CHAPTER SO IM SORRY IN ADVACE 

HUGE TIME GAP SOZ NOT SOZ 

1 YEAR LATER

N O  O N E 

Its been a year since Clay and Carl got back together, its been a year since they graduated, its been a year full of happiness, and also great sadness. Even though Carl and Clay were happy, lately they've been arguing on a daily basis, its gotten so bad that Fiona and Lip had to pull Carl and Clay apart because they feared one of them would hit the other. 

But today, their argument was beyond words. 

"You can't just fucking walk away from me Carl!" Clay's voice echoed through the neighbourhood as he watched his boyfriend walk up the steps of his house. 

"I can, and just fucking watch me." Carl hissed, but before he could go inside, Clay grabbed his wrist pulling him back. 

"Just listen to me for once!" Clay's tear streamed down his face, despite being angry at Clay, Carl's expressions softened at the sight of his crying boyfriend. 

"You can't keep me trapped Carl, you just can't," you see, the reason why Carl and Clay have been fighting is because Carl didn't want Clay to leave the country for him to study abroad in one of the best colleges in the world. Carl wanted Clay to stay with him. But Clay is slowly going insane not being able to leave. 

"If you love me, just let me go Carl!" Carl stared at his now broken boyfriend. He took a deep breathe before walking back up the steps of his house ignoring how Clay felt. 

"If you walk inside that door Carl, we are done." Carl froze, not looking back at his boyfriend. "And I mean not just for a week. I mean forever." With his heart slowly breaking, Carl decided to make a decision that would help Clay. Something that would benefit him but break Carl. So instead of running back to his boyfriend. He walked into the Gallagher household, slamming the door. 

On the outside, Clay stood still, holding onto the fence of the steps, his heart broken. Tear slowly rolled down his cheeks, waiting for Carl to come back out and run into his arms and apologise, like the normal thing, but Carl never came out running. 

Inside, Carl couldn't control himself. He let out a sob, sliding his back against the door. Praying he did the right thing. But if he did the right thing, why would he feel so broken? Why would he felt like he lost the most valuable thing to him? 

The only thing is that none of them realise that the other was hurting too. They both were in serious pain. 

As Clay slowly walked back to his rundown house, his parents sitting outside smoking. Clay ignored their questions as he walked in. Instantly he grabbed the nearest suitcase, and shoved his clothes inside. Even though Carl hated the idea of moving away, Clay actually planned for the two to run away together, but considering their certain circumstance, he rang Carter as he scribbled a few words on a sheet of paper. Luckily Carter agreed to come along to Ireland with Clay. 

On the way to the airport, Clay mailed one of the most important letter he ever wrote. With a kiss on the sealed envelope, he shoved it in the mail box before running to catch up with his only friend. 

-

A week later the letter arrived at the Gallagher household. With everyone, including Mickey, surrounding the table, Fiona slapped the sealed envelope in front of Carl. Believing it was junk mail, Carl opened the letter messily and read the first line, before getting up and ran to his room. Locking the door behind him.

Carl sat cross legged on his bed, holding the piece of paper which had the soft smell of vanilla, the smell that belonged to Clay. 

Dear Carl, 

When you're reading this, I'll be in Ireland I college. I know you hated the idea but I wanted you to come with me. I tried so hard for you to just accept it but you hated the idea of me leaving. You never listened to me. 

I know that today, you wanted me to go to Ireland. You walked inside wishing that I would go and just not cause you any pain for leaving. But if you are like me, you're in so much pain that its fucking unbearable. But I will be safe in Ireland, I promise, so promise me that you'll be safe at home?

But I will forever love you. No matter what the distance, no matter what the time, no matter what day it is. 

I will find you again, just wait for me please. 

- Love, Clay x

Slowly, Carl folded up the letter. His tears slowly fell onto the white piece of paper. His heart slowly breaking. There was a small knock on the door, and Fiona's voice softly calling his voice. 

"Carl, there are people here to see you." Wiping his tears, he built up the courage to follow Fiona downstairs to see August, Grant, their parents and Clay's parents. But noticing their expressions. He froze in his place. 

"What happened?" The soft words filled up the quiet house. 

"There was an accident." August spoke as the four parents broke down, unable to tell the story. 

"It involved Clay, Carl." Thats when Carl's gaze met Grants for the first time in almost two years. Carls heart slowly broke as he listened to the story. Fiona had tears rolling down her cheeks, Debbie couldn't believe what she was hearing, Liam, Mickey, Ian and Lip had no idea how to react as Carl fell to his knees. 

"He can't be. He promised me!" Carl's voice was now a full scream as he broke down, punching the ground repeatedly. 

"He's gone. I'm sorry," August tried to put her hand on Carl's shoulder, but he slapped it away. 

"Leave me alone, leave this house, don't ever talk or look at me again," Carl pushed past Fiona and Lip, who were standing at the end of the stairs. He ran up to the room, instantly grabbing anything he could find and threw it on the ground with screams and hot tears staining his cheeks. 

After a moment, he couldn't take it anymore. He laid on the floor, crying his eyes out. 

Carl could not believe the love of his life was gone. He just didn't want to accept it, meanwhile Clay was sitting in the room looking at Carl, who was still registering the news of his death. 

With a soft smile, Clay sat down in front of a crying Carl and placed his hand on the tear stained cheek of his boyfriend. 

"I'll meet you again soon my love." He whispered to Carl, who could hear the few words of Clay, before Clay's ghost slowly disappeared, finally being at piece. 

Leaving Carl in a broken state. 

-

BITCH THIS IS NOT THE END! I HAVE ONE MORE CHAPTER AND THEN ITS OVER BUT YEAH HOPEFULLY NO ONE CRIED AND IF YOU DID I APOLOGISE. 

- b x