Chapter 20 // Adalind

Well I'm now officially twenty- weeks pregnant, which is roughly five months pregnant. And two weeks ago, Joel and I found out the sex of our baby, the thing is though we don't actually know, only Alexis knows that information.

Alexis, Thea, Lucy and all the other women in the Argent family thought we should have a gender reveal party. And well Joel and I thought it sounded really great, and the perfect way to find out if we're having a Daughter or a Son. And it's kind of like a baby shower too and also for Gabby and Harvey too.

For the last six weeks it has been mostly overwhelming but also amazing. After New Year we went back to Chicago, and over the last few weeks we've kind of been bouncing back and forth from Chicago and Creek-Harbor. Seeing as I don't have a job, and my father is still not speaking to me. And Lucy is working around the world, so there's not much keeping me in Chicago right now. As for Joel he doesn't have to stat training to next week, so he's been as free as me.

Speaking of me and Joel, we've been good, we're dating and it's been great. We're not rushing things and he's not pushing either, there's no expectations I guess you could say.

We're just taking it as it comes, and it has been good, we actually had our first date in Creek-Harbor the day after Christmas, and Joel he made it really special. Candle-light, soft music, dinner etc and all in his sister-in-law café.

The only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is the fact that I still haven't told Joel the truth yet. And looking back maybe I should have been honest with him, before we started dating. And I regret that I haven't been honest with him, but it's hard because every time I go to tell him, he does these sweet romantic gestures. And then I have no idea how to tell him, and things just keep getting in the way and it seems like it's never the right time, to tell him the truth that would probably destroy everything that we have.

And I love what we have, and I love what we could become if we had time. But it's not that simple and I have to accept that, and as hard as it's going to be to tell Joel the truth, he does deserve to know.

And he deserves to know tonight, so after the party and we go back to Gabby's old house, I'm going to tell him, and it might be the worst timing in the whole of history, but I can't keep him in the dark anymore, and I can't keep lying to him it's not fair.

Snapping out of my thoughts as I feel the car stop, and someone takes hold of my hand gently. Looking up to see Joel smiling at me, and then he looks down to my very now small visible baby bump, and gently places his hand over my bump.

"This literally has to be the best day ever!" Joel says to me with the happiest smile I've ever seen him with and, so much excitement in his voice.

"Really, what about the day you made it into the NBA?" I asked him. Joel looks up at me.

"Well that's a close third" He answered, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't you mean a close second?" I said correcting him, he shakes his head at me and still smiling.

"Nope it goes, best-day: son or daughter. Third-best day as you know: NBA but the second-best day of my life: is meeting you Adalind" Joel replies to me, feeling a wrath of warmth through my heart, he's so sweet.

When I first knew who he was I just thought he was another womanizer, who spent his life partying and sleeping with a different woman every chance he got.

But then I got to know him, and I learnt that he is so different to what the stories make him out to be. He likes a good party, who doesn't? but he would rather spend the night in watching a movie and eating popcorn. And as far as I know since we decided to raise our baby together, he hasn't seen any other women or at least he hasn't done it publicly.