19

Zenia's POV

EJ made a slow approach towards Anton, and I knew what was coming. With the temper he possessed, and the tension coming  from him, it was going to get ugly very quickly.

I rushed between them before he got too close to a startled Anton.

"Why are you here?" I asked, trying to direct his attention to me instead.

"I asked you who's this guy?" His dark grey eyes locked onto Anton.

"This is my new friend," I answered.

"I'm Anton." Anton held out his hand to EJ, who only looked at him as if he had the Ebola virus. After a few seconds, Anton pulled his hand back without a returned handshake.

"Why's this dude here with you?" EJ's eyes shifted over to me.

"We got caught in the rain so--"

"And so what? His house doesn't have a roof? Why do you have him up here with you? Oh, so that's why you couldn't answer your phone, huh?  You were busy with entertaining this guy, Zenia?"

"EJ! would you just stop it!"

"Maybe I should go," Anton said.

"Smart," EJ spat back.

"Zenia, thank you for the towel, and the shelter. I'll text you later." Anton quickly moved past EJ.

"You'll text her later? Let me make myself clear bro, stay the hell away from my girl."

"I'm not your girl." I was becoming annoyed by EJ's sudden behavior. He made it clear to me that he and I were over, yet, for all, here he was chasing away my new friend.

"You are my girl!" he said back.

Anton shook his head at him, handed me back the towel and walked out the door.

"What the hell, EJ?!"

"Who was that guy?"

"I already told you that he's my friend."

"He's British."

"Congrats on being so observant." I rolled my eyes at him and went back to the couch.

"I've been calling you and texting you. Why are you ignoring me?"

I looked at him as if he had grown two heads. "Are you serious right now EJ? Are you really serious? The last conversation we had, you said we're done! So the real question is, why are you here?"

"I'm here for you. I want us to work out. I'm willing to try. For us." He sat down next to me.

"There's no more us. Just leave me alone, EJ."

"Ohm so you can talk nicely to Antoine, or whatever the hell his name is, but you can't have one conversation with me about our future?"

I shifted my body in his direction, looking him in the face. "EJ, please stop complicating my life."

"I'm a complication Zenia?"

"Yes you are! You're a contradiction and so damn disrespectful. You have a childish personality and you only want things your way. You men think that women revolve around you, but we don't! We're human being as well and we have feelings too. You hurt my feelings EJ. You made me cry. You made me ashamed of myself even more. You said that we were through."

The tears were there, but I wasn't about to let him see me cry.

"Zenia, I'm sorry." He opened his arms to hug me, but I slapped them away.