𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE( the descent into hell isn't easy, part iii )

CHAPTER FIVE
( the descent into hell isn't easy, part iii )

True to her words, they were indeed going on a mission. Although nobody bothered telling Alec, which is why the permanent scowl was back on his face. That and the fact that his sister just caught him actually smiling and having a good time with the very same werewolf she had been teasing him about. He was almost certain that more of those will be happening soon.

"I don't approve of this mission," Alec stated the moment he and Jax walked in to the training room. Jace, Isabelle, and Clary were already there, the first two equipped with their own weapons while the redhead just looked very out of place standing between the two.

"Well I approve!" Jax grinned, eager to finally get out of the institute and do something to help find Jocelyn. "What are we doing again?"

"I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girl does not leave the premises," Alec said sternly, causing Jax to frown as he didn't remember Alec making a phone call to the Clave when they were together.

"Hey, my name is not 'little girl', okay? I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot," Clary unexpectedly snapped at him, getting tired of being treated like a defenseless kid. Jax cheered and gave her a high five.

Alec glared at him for not backing him up like he'd expected but the corners of his lips twitched upwards ever so slightly at his childish behaviours. "Come on, Alec, all we need to do is grab the warlock and get back to the Institute, what could go wrong?" Jax tried to convince him.

"There are at least seventeen ways this could go wrong. Literally. I'm counting them right now."

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need. With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary, she's not safe outside alone," Jace tried again.

"All right, let's just say I agree to this. And since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?" Alec challenged with a cross of his arms.

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint, and there's this thrift store that she-" Clary suddenly gasped, her hands clasped on her glowing necklace. Jax was by her side in an instant, calling out her name and even shaking her shoulders a bit but it was as if she couldn't hear him, like she was in another world.

"What's wrong with her?" Isabelle asked in worry, stepping closer to the redhead as well. "I don't know, she started touching her necklace then this happened," Jax replied, confusion written all over his face as he tried calling out to her once more.