Part 55: Choc Chip Panic-cakes

Thank you so much to BABY_LEEVEY_BLUE  for the awesome cover above! I really do love it! Go check her out peeps, she's got a story coming out soon and I'm sure it'll be great!

Hmu guys if you want to send in covers, I'm friendly I promise! 💕

First of all, thank you everyone for being so patient with me especially since the last chapter, I didn't even realise how long it had been because my days are blending into one.

Second of all, it seems most of you would prefer shorter more frequent chapters which shall be done amigos!

I will try to push another one out for tomorrow but I'm not sure what time as of yet.

Also! If you haven't checked out my newest book 'Secrets and Lies' do! I've posted the first chapter and will be publishing the rest soon after 'Apartment No.4' is done.
And, be sure to follow me on Wattpad AND on Twitter (details found in description) because I post things in the conversation space and in my feed regarding chapters and updates! :)

The next morning Cameron kindly made chocolate chip pancakes for us all.

"What's the best kind of topping for chocolate chip pancakes?" asked Mel, as she sat staring at her pile of four fluffy pancakes in front of a table of syrups, sauces, sugars and jams.

"Please don't put chocolate sauce on them; last time you nearly threw up everywhere from sugar overload." Whined Cameron as he squeezed a dollop of maple onto his stack. In response to his comment Mel stuck her tongue out at him.

"Just for that I'm definitely putting chocolate sauce on them." She reached for the bottle but I snatched it away before she could. She looked at me flabbergasted as if to say 'you're meant to be on my side' while Cameron beamed at me in triumph.

"I'm siding with him." I laughed as I reached for the maple too.

We chatted about uni, food and holidays while we ate and I was surprised that I was actually in not too bad of a mood... yet, that is.

"I'll clean up." I said, collecting our plates to take them to the dishwasher while Cam and Mel continued talking.

It gave me a chance to think about my day plan. I didn't have any classes until tomorrow so I could stay with Mel and watch movies all day, or, I could go to the library to study.

Movies with Mel was much more tempting and I supposed it also meant I had someone to watch over me so I didn't cave and call Mason.

Thinking about last night just brought anxiety to my stomach.

I knew he didn't physically cheat on me but he emotionally cheated. The whole issue was something I had planned to sit down and talk about with him but he left me feeling like crap to go spend time with a girl who he was obviously attracted to and slept with previously and talk about us to her.

How did he think that was okay? Especially since Claire was with us at the time as well.

He was guilty too, as soon as he saw Mia he was worried, and he lied about where he was that night, if he didn't think he'd done something wrong he would've told me the truth.

What was I going to say to him when I got back?

To be honest, it made me feel a little mistrustful if him, as much as I hated it. But I couldn't not feel it. I love him and he chose another girl for emotional support over me.

I hadn't realised I was standing still til Cam came up behind me to take the tea towel from my hand and fold it.

"I'm going to uni for a few hours, you'll be alright?" He asked, his eyes full of concern.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll stay with Mel I think."

"Good idea. It'll get better, Ash." He smiled sweetly at me before walking back to Mel to kiss her on the neck and leave.

"Alrighty," started Mel, skipping over to the couch to turn on the tv. "Crazy Stupid Love or Batman?"

Mid way through our second movie, my phone buzzed beside me. Mason hasn't tried to contact me since last night and I assumed that either Cam told him to give me space or he knew me well enough that I wasn't going to contact him in return.
I flicked the screen to see that my period tracker app was updating me that I hadn't logged any information for the past 5 weeks.

Weird, I thought. I scrolled through the app to see that I hadn't logged my last period which was meant to come four days ago.

Not allowing myself to panic I took a deep breath and scrolled a little further to start doing the math.

First un-logged period was 7 days after my night with Mason. Didn't get period, also didn't notice. Three weeks and six days later = period. Didn't get, also didn't notice. Today, four days past expected period date. Haven't had period.

Don't panic.

Roughly 38 days past my first night with Mason and I've missed two periods. I always got them a little earlier than normal and that was all fine... until now.

"Are you even paying attention?" Asked Mel, through a mouthful of popcorn as she shoveled another handful into her mouth.

"Yeah, I am, I just have to pee." I said, trying to not to sound or act too obvious as I got up and walked slowly towards the bathroom, my head swimming with a thousand thoughts.

Closing the lid to the toilet I sat down and stared at my phone. This can't be happening.

There's only one way to know for sure.

I opened Mel's bathroom cupboard in search of pregnancy tests, and it's the only time I would ever say this, but I was disappointed she didn't have any.
Mental note, don't freak out - go buy a pregnancy test calmly like a normal person not very difficult to do.

I flushed the toilet and ran the water so I wouldn't get caught by Mel and prepared myself.

"Damn, I'll be back I'm just going to the store." I pulled on a hoodie and grabbed my purse from my bag.

Mel removed her eyes from the screen and her face from the popcorn, watching me like I was an idiot.

"Why? What do you need? I've probably got it somewhere." She moved to get up.

"No! No, I just need, uh, tampons. You're out, I checked. I'll get some." I ran towards the door before she could stop me and felt like the world was spinning by the time I actually got to the store.

I tell you, when you're trying not to panic about something that requires panicking but in a good kind of panic unless you need to bad panic like I need to panic... just thinking about not panicking about panicking is making me panic. Ya feel?

"Calm down, this is all going to be okay," I muttered when I entered the store, and repeated every few minutes. As soon as the automatic doors slip open it felt like all eyes were on me.

Practically sprinting to the vitamins area where all the female hygiene and baby stuff is kept, I thought I would be able to pick a packet and leave but nooooooooo. There were like fifty different brands and I had no idea which one did what I needed it to do!

I decided going for the most expensive would probably be the most accurate but changed my mind when it said £35 and reached for the next one down which had a picture of a smiling woman, you know the kind that laughs with a bowl of salad leaves, that one.

Just to be discrete and because my paranoia made it feel like every old lady was staring at me with shame, I picked up a box of tampons and two bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Racing towards the self-serve counter, I scanned and nearly forgot to pay. I let out a sigh of relief when Iwas three steps away from my car. That's when I saw it.

Mason, walking towards the store and headed straight my way.