t a g a l o n g

[time skip.]

"Where are you going?" My eyes meet Jungkook's as he glances up from his phone, he sits on the bottom flight of the stairs that lead upstairs right out my doorstep

My eyes meet Jungkook's as he glances up from his phone, he sits on the bottom flight of the stairs that lead upstairs right out my doorstep.

He wears black on black, a tshirt that hugs his torso and jeans that are the right cut and fit nice. He always manages to dress nice, I don't even think he tries.

"I'm not obligated to tell you." I say as my eyes tear away from him and fixate it on the shoe rack, I pick out sneakers. "Are you on a date~~?" He sings out teasingly, dragging out the last word a little longer than needed.

I slam the sneakers hard onto the concrete, so much so that he even slightly flinches. I sit beside him and start slipping them on, "You joke around too much Kook."

He knows the possibility of me ever going on a date is as slim as meteor hitting the house right now.

"You're just dressed all pretty," he counters snickering, slipping his phone back into his pocket. All eyes on me now.

My cheeks heat at the compliment and something suddenly lodges in my throat, at the first attempt my reply slips out as a mere whisper.

"Uhh what's that?" He says, a smile dancing on his lips as he holds a hand up to his ears.

I smack it away, a frown crowding my brows. I don't understand how he gets me so flustered.
"Nothing," I say flat.

He laughs now, I see his hands running through his brown hair and perfectly pick out how his muscles flex and tense under his shirt. At that moment I want to curse, and thank myself for looking his way at the same time.

"Ok then, I'm coming with yo—,"

"Absolutely not!" I cut him off as I get back up and neat down my skirt.
"But I'm bored and I—," he starts and I only glare making him stop again, "Where's Yoongi? Or better yet your whole legion of comrades?"

"Legion of comrades?" He almost snorts, "You mean my friends? They're busy and they aren't really a legion. Why do you have to be so extra with your vocabulary?"

I start out the doorway and he keenly follows.

"An extensive vocabulary is like having a large box of crayons. You hardly use azure or ochre, but it's nice to have them in the box right?" I wink and he rolls his eyes. I spot his shiny black car in the driveway and stop, "Since you've tagged along can you drive me? I'm too lazy to go take the bus."

He clicks a key he's whipped out from his pocket and the car beeps a sound, it's rear view mirrors wiz open. "I'm already steps ahead of you," He says walking ahead, "—you can shot gun."

ㄴㅇㄱ

"If we were going to come grocery shopping. I would've just stayed home."

He whines like a child as he pushes the cart behind me, while I look at some greens. I pick up a bundle of Garlic scapes and Chives.

"I didn't ask you to come," I'm completely unbothered and immune to his whining. The corners of his lips have turned down since we entered, I nudge him slightly on his shoulder, "Drop your act. It's not helping."

He pushes the cart away and crosses his arms. He's still pouting and I'm still unbothered.

I move on forward and he stays afixed in his position, "Fine stay. I was going to look at shoes after this anyway." And I know that clicked and undid him.

"Really?" His dark eyes spark up with so so much light.  What? he had pretty eyes.

And yes he was a complete slut for good shoes. I don't get it, I don't think I ever would.

ㄴㅇㄱ

Grocery bags tucked away in the boot of the car, he closes a firm hand around my wrist and steers me towards the mall opposite the road. I laugh at how excited he is, taking a mental snapshot of his face and tucking it away deep in my memory.

"Do you have to get YLL?" I say as my eyes revert away with aversion. "Yes they make really good sneakers."

His eyes trace the array of choices laid out in front of him as a sales assistant offers him pair from the mid-shelf, "This is the latest. YLL Season 2018, I think it'd suit you a lot—,"

I want to gag, at all of this and at how mushy the sales girl has been getting around Kook.

I sit down on the plush seating in the middle of the showroom and rest my elbows on my knees as I balance my chin on my knuckles. I shut my eyes and devoid my mind of rushing thoughts, sitting here brings me reeling right back.

To what I was and to what I had along time ago, and I detested it.

[A/N]

[YLL is an imaginary popular luxury brand created for this story]

I wanted to change things up and have the girl follow around the guy shopping for once.

Ps.Thx for 200+ reads I still can't believe people read my books.