27

M A S O N

M A S O N

"When were you planning on asking her?" Noah questions me, as we walk down the hallway.

"I don't know man. I want to soon, I just don't know if she's ready." I explain. "I mean, you know how innocent she is."

"But Lily did tell you that she likes you. And plus, she's sixteen. I think she's old enough to be ready, even despite how innocent she is." He raises his eyebrows, and I know he makes a good point. "So?"

I run my fingers through my hair.

That's it. I'm asking her.

"I'll ask her tomorrow, after school." I decide, as a small grin appears on my face at the thought. Sure, i'm nervous as fuck, but i'm also tired of waiting.

Noah pats my back with a wide smile. "That's my boy!"

"Masey! Masey, guess what?" I hear my princess say from behind me.

I turn around and smile down at her, having to place my hands on her hips, so she doesn't crash into me. "What baby?"

She grins, which shows me that she's excited about something. "Remember how you asked me to ask momma if I could sleep over at your house this weekend? Remember Masey?"

I glance at Noah to see him smirking. I have to hold back an eye roll at the look he's sending me, and instead I nod.

Lily bounces on her toes. "She said yes."

My smile grows even bigger at the news, and I lean down to kiss her cheek. "That's great, love." I notice that Noah's directed his attention onto his phone. "Hey, I was wondering if you'd wanna hang out tomorrow? After school." I bite my lip nervously.

She nods with a smile similar to mine. "What are we gonna do? Can we go to the aquarium?"

"If that's what you want. But I was thinking I could bring you back to the dock after. You know, where we went on our date." I suggest, hoping she'll go along with it.

She lets out a small squeal, drawing some attention from the people around us. I laugh at her reaction and bring my hand up to cup her face, brushing my thumb along her cheekbone. "I'm guessing you like that idea?"

"I love that idea."

With a smile still on my face, I lean down and carefully place my lips on hers. As I slowly start to move them, she does the same, and after a few seconds I feel her smile into the kiss, before she pulls away.

I leave another quick kiss on her nose. "Good."

T U E S D A Y

I sigh in relief as I pull the phone away from my ear and hang up. I just got off the phone with Lily's dad, because even as extra as it may seem, I was getting permission to ask Lily to be my girlfriend today. I thought it might be a good idea, considering how protective they are. He was a little reluctant at first, but said it was okay in the end.