Heather

Emmy did not know how far she traveled or how many days she was drugged to keep quiet and sleep all the time.  She was fed bread and soup when they remembered to feed her.  But her days and nights were blurred together.  

When she finally woke up, she was placed in the middle of a small and dirty woodshed.  Her lips were cracked and dry.  Her clothes, dirty and disorderly.  She was too weak to move.  At least now, the sack, the gag and rope that tied around her was gone.  

Emmy laid on the ground silently crying.  She didn’t know what to do and was even too scared to even call out for help.  One day became two, when she finally heard several footsteps come closer and closer to the shed.  

The door was pulled open and in walked a young girl that she did not expect to see.  It was Young Miss Heather, who she went to school with.  They were rivals in everything.  In education, in testing, in skills, in popularity, even in love.  They happened to like the same man, but that man paid no attention to the both of them.  He only cared for studying, but to Heather, she was the only girl worthy to like him, love him and become his woman.  

At school, Heather and her friends would bully Emmy.  They would say mean things to her, physically abuse her and spread rumors about her.  It got so bad that Emmy stopped going to school for the past six months.  Not wanting to be the center of attention of everyone while they whisper and gossip of all the rumors that were said about her.  

“So.”  Heather said as she sneered at Emmy  “You’re finally awake.”  

Heather quickly ran towards Emmy and kicked Emmy’s stomach.  Emmy cries out in pain as she is stepped on and kicked by Heather.  The only thing she could do is raise her hands up to cover her head as Heather’s feet comes down on her.  

“You bitch!  Look at where you are now!  You always thought you were better than me!  You thought you were smarter than me!  You thought you were more clever and more beautiful than me!”  Heather said with every kick.  “Now look at where you’re at!  You’re nothing but a Bastard!  Your own Mother didn’t even want you, she killed herself in shame because she never wanted you!  Your Grandfather left when you were young,  so he didn’t have to take care of you!  Even now, he died because he didn’t want to come back to live with you!”  

Emmy shook her head no, not believing Heather’s words.  

“Everyone who once worked for you, have stolen everything that belonged to you.  Even your family that came to bury General Light, stole from you and left nothing for you!  They didn’t even take you with them because they didn’t want you!  No one wants you!  No one!”  Heather laughs as her eyes becomes delirious. “You were a mistake when you were born.  You are insignificant while growing up and now you are nothing!  You have nothing!  You are nothing!”  

Heather’s kick landed between Emmy’s arms that were covering her head.  The tip of Heather’s shoe landed on her left eye, knocking Emmy out.  

“Bitch!  You couldn’t even let me vent my anger out fully before blacking out!”  Heather said as she knelt over Emmy’s battered body.  “You deserved everything that is coming your way.  Remember, you brought this on yourself!  How dare you think you could compete with me?!?  How dare you like Duke Arashi.  How dare you!”  Heather screamed out as she pulls out a pill from her pocket and stuffs it inside of Emmy’s mouth.  

The moment the pill touches Emmy tongue, it melts and Emmy starts to convulse.  

“Take her to the Cherry Blossom House.”  Heather order the men who stood by the door and witnessed everything.  They did nothing to help the weak girl who lied on the dirty floor.  They didn’t even blink when they watched the young lady feed poison to the unconscious girl.  Nor did they blink at what the young lady said. “Sell her to the highest bidder.  You may keep the winning sale.”