Cherry Blossom House (2)

That night, instead of putting on makeup, Emmy took off her makeup and dressed plainly.  She took a look at herself in the mirror and stared back at her soulless emerald green eyes.  What she saw back made her remember her ill fortune.  The poison that Heather fed her slowly was slowly killing her.  The mark of poison was slowly appearing on her face.  The green markings of vines wrapping itself around her eye were appearing every day.  Everyday, the poison marking would grow bigger and darker as the poison slowly killed her. 

The Madame knew about the poison inside of Emmy, but she did not care to find someone to cure Emmy. 

A knock on her door brought her back to reality.  Her dark thoughts were soon hidden as she sat back into her chair. 

"Yes?"  Emmy said as she stared at the door. 

"The Madame wants you to stay in your bedroom tonight."  The guard said behind the door.  "You are not allowed to come out for three days." 

"Understood."  Emmy said as she stood up.  "What about my meals?" 

"I have brought you some food to sustain you for two days.  On the third day I will bring more food."  He said. 

"Come in."  Emmy told him. 

As the door opened a young sturdy man with red hair enters as he places the tray of food on the table. 

"I made sure no one touched any of the food."  The young man said as a pink blush flushed on his cheeks.  "You can rest assure that you can eat the food safely."

"Em."  Emmy said as she smiled at him.  "Thank you." 

The young man wanted to say more but hesitated.  He slowly turned and walked away, but before he closed the door behind him.  He turned around once more and looked at Emmy.  His heart tightened every time he looked at her.  His jaws clenched tightly as he knew he had no power to take her out of her situation.  He was too poor and too weak to save her.  To protect her. 

"One day."  He said quietly.  "One day I'll take you away from here.  I'll make sure you'll never have to serve anyone ever again.  I'll make sure you'll be protected and safe.  As long as you only look at me.  I'll be your strength to lean on.." 

Emmy smiled back knowing that the words he promised were all empty.  No one could take her out of her situation except for herself.  But he was a young man.  A young man that was infatuated with her.  A young man who could only protect her with the little strength he had.  So she could not be mean and crush his dreams and tender feelings. 

She didn't answer him back.  Although she did not deny his promise, she could not lead him on and agree to his promise, to make him think that she'll wait for him.  She just stood there as sea of silence separated them. 

"The Madame asked for me to lock the door so no one could come in.  It would also mean that you won't be able to leave either."  He told her.  "Do you need anything else?" 

Emmy shook her head no. 

"Y-your poison."  He quickly said as he stared at her.  "I'll find the Poison God and have him cure you.  I promise." 

Emmy stared back at him as silence overcame them once again.

"If you do not need anything else.  I will lock your door for your protection"  He told her. 

Emmy nodded her head yes.  The young man looked at Emmy one last time before closing the door and locking it from the outside. 

Emmy quickly moved as she pulled the packed bag.  She packed two sets of traveling clothes, one pair of shoes and all of her jewelry that she could sell for money.  She quickly stuffed the loaf of bread, cheese, and wrapped the dried meat in a clean cloth before she closed the bag. 

She opened her closet and quickly changed into an all black mens clothes.  Afterwards, she went back to her makeup table and with the scissors she pulled her hair into a high ponytail, before cutting her long locks of hair.  When she took the band off, her hair fell short around her ears.  It was uneven, but she didn't care.

She quickly blew the candles that lit her room and moved the pillows around the bed as if it was a body sleeping.  Emmy waited by the window as time slowly tick through the night. 

Emmy smiled to herself as she looked up at the stars.  Maybe, just maybe, she'll let herself believe that tonight was her lucky night.  That it was all meant to be. 

Her three day reservation starting that night was not for one man.  But a group of men.  Men who were childhood friends, who share their love of wine, woman, and depravity. 

Emmy had the "pleasure" of meeting each man individually, however they had reserved her for three days so they could enjoy her together.  She was not looking forward to her meeting with the four men.  Some were cruel to her during their individual sessions.  Some were nice.  But together, they were wolves wanting to devour her.  And she was mentally preparing herself for that night, however with Diana taking her job for her, Emmy was secretly happy that The Madame agreed to it.  It was Madame's way of teaching Diana not to covet something that didn't belong to her.  It was a cruel lesson, but it had to be taught and learned. 

The night became darker and longer as she Emmy finally made her move.  She had memorised the guards surveillance change and formations for years now.  Now was the best time for her to leave without getting caught.  Emmy had long prepared for this day as she opened the window.  Her room was on the second floor, facing the garden.  Beyond the garden was a tall fenced wall to keep outsiders out and insiders in.  Beyond the fence wall was a forest.  And in that forest was her freedom, she could taste it already. 

Emmy sat on the edge and looked down at the bushes below her, she could only hope that her fall would not injure anything marjory on her body. Emmy closed the window behind her and fell down at the same time.  Her fall was quick and hard as she landed in the bush, but she had scrap her exposed skin.  Her cheek had a slight scratch, but she quickly wiped it off before half covering her face with a black handkerchief.  Only her eyes were exposed as she rolled over and landed on her feet.  She stayed low as she moved.

She knew the guards pathway like the back of her hand.  She would hide in the shadows as they walked by before moving towards the back fence wall.  On one side of the fence wall, thick sturdy vines grew abundantly over it.  Emmy threw her bag over the wall before she slowly pulled herself up the wall, using the vines.  Once she was on top of the wall, she laid flat against it, looking over to see if there was anyone there before slowly climbing down the other side. 

Her escape was so far going as she planned.  The moon shined brightly that night, but for some strange reason, the clouds came out that night and helped her.  She was able to move faster as she picked up her bag and ran. 

Emmy's heart beated wildly as she ran further and further away from her nightmare.  Three years as everyone's toy made her hate the touch of another person.  What she was going to do after this, she didn't know.  She didn't plan her escape that far out yet, she only knew she needed to get away.

**********

A/N:  Hello, again, thanks for waiting for me. Life got in the way and I had to be a grownup, when really I just really wanted to hide away and keep on writing.  Anyways, enjoy!  Mass release tonight and major writing/publishing this whole weekend.  Please look forward to the development of this story.  -passtheduch