Seventeen

Jae's POV

Jae's POV

I enter the house in a feeble state, trying hard not to stumble.

I walked it home without Taehyung and without informing the girls.

I sit down on the sofa with my body throbbing in pain. I was too weak to even speak or even move. Now I still am, but I'm trying.

The incident constantly replays in my head. However, my mind's fixated on Taehyung's smirk and satisfied expression when he saw me so helpless. He heard my cries for help but he still stood there, letting them torture me. Why does he always hurt me this way? What did I ever do to him?

Suddenly, I heard my phone constantly being bombarded with calls and messages, but I decide to check them later, as I'm not in a state to speak to anyone.

Lunch time has probably ended at the school by now. In order to leave the school premises, the nurse advised me to go home. She contacted the headteacher and I was allowed to go. I made my way out without informing anyone, except the headteacher himself.

At the moment, I do not want to even take a glance at myself in the mirror. I can't even face myself, knowing that I wasn't strong enough to fight back. That I couldn't defend myself. I couldn't even face my fears.

Just remembering back to what's happened is now frightening me.

Tears fall down my face. All I want to do is cry. Just cry. To cry my eyes out so my heart feels lighter. If I want to be strong afterwards – that means I'll have to face everyone else, including myself. Meaning I'll have to face my fears. It'll be hard but I'll try.

I place my hand on the sofa, supporting myself to stand up and I slowly make my way upstairs as my hand slides up the banister.

Placing my hand on the wall for support, I slowly enter my bedroom. I limp towards the bed and just sit on it. Tears continuously roll down my cheeks. I contemplate on what ever wrong thing did I do to Taehyung? That last-minute payback was minor.

I don't understand what I did wrong to him and Bomi.

And what was wrong with Jimin? Why didn't he greet me back? Why did he look at me like I'm some stranger?

I sigh and shake my head. I carefully lay down on the bed with tears still falling.

Taehyung's POV

I finally arrive home. I enter the living room and see Jae's friends sitting on the sofas with their arms folded.

"Who let you girls in?" I ask.

Mira shrugs. "It's not like Jae lives in this house or anything. I think a ghost let us in."