117- Halley/Adam/James Drama

"Nova, put that book down and talk to people!" Venus seized a book out of her daughter's hands.

"Mum!" Nova tried to snatch it back, but her mother held it up out of her reach.

"Socialise." Venus told her. Nova got to her feet and stomped away from her mother.

"Sometimes I wonder where your kids get their attitudes from," Mali watched the youngest Longbottom girl walk away, "I mean, Neville is always so nice. But then I see your side of the family-"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Venus blinked.

"Well, both you and Sirius have attitudes, your kids were bound to inherit that," Mali laughed and the incredulous look on her friend's face.

"I hate you so much Mali," laughed Venus, "anyway, if my kids get their attitudes from me, then Selene gets her appetite from you." They looked over at where Selene was sat, munching her way through the nibbles that Molly had put on the table to be shared around.

"I think you're right about that," Mali grinned at her daughter. "Anyway, what's this that Ginny was telling me about James and Halley having an argument?"

"They haven't spoken in months!" said Venus, "it's been bizzare."

"Why aren't they speaking? Gin wasn't sure."

"Well, Halley has got this new boyfriend, and as far as I can tell, James doesn't like him." Shrugged Venus.

"Jealous," said Mali, grinning like a maniac, "James is so jealous, that's why they're not talking, he's jealous of Halley's boyfriend."

Venus shook her head, "well, whatever it is, I hope they sort it out soon, the silence is deafening."

********

"I can't believe it's been 20 years." Neville said as Venus straightened the collar of his dress robes. For the twentieth anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts there was to be a formal ceremony and ball in the honour of all of the witches and wizards who died in both the first and second wizarding wars.

"We're getting old Neville," Venus finished straightening Neville's collar and moved on to pulling on her shoes. "You're going to be thirty eight in July."

"Ek, that sounds ancient." Neville winced, at that moment Nysa walked past the door, still in his jeans, "Nysa, you're supposed to be getting ready!" Neville hurried out of the room after his son.

Venus looked in the mirror as she began brushing her hair. The chain around her neck that had once been her mother's was glinting slightly. Right beside it was a second chain that Venus had worn around her neck for ten years. The chain that held her engagement ring.

Venus had found that it was far too much hassle to wear the ring around her finger, especially when she would have to take it off every full moon (and most likely loose it). So she had decided to wear it on a chain. The chain was long enough that she was still able to wear it as a wolf, bit just the right length that it wouldn't fall off.

"Ve, are you ready?" Neville's voice came from downstairs.

"Coming!" She hurried out of the room and down the stairs. Neville was waiting in the hall with Nova, who was wearing a very pretty yellow dress, and Nysa, whom Neville had finally convinced to put on his dress robes. "You two look absolutely precious." Venus grinned at her children.

"I hate you mum." Nysa tried to loosen the collar of his robes.

"Be nice Nysa," Neville opened the front door and hearded the twins out of the house.

Hogsmead was much busier than usual. All of the participants of the Battle of Hogwarts, along with their friends and family were arriving for the memorial and heading towards Hogwarts.

Hogsmead was full of reporters, trying to get pictures of members of the DA, who would all be in attendance.

"Venus!" A floaty voice came from behind her. Venus turned to see Luna Lovegood. She was wearing a dress that had a large Hogwarts crest on the front.

"Hey Luna." Venus grinned, "hello Rolf." Rolf Scammander was Luna's husband. Like Luna and Mali he was a magizoologist. Luna had met him when she and Mali had been on an expedition in the Antartic. Mali's account of the meeting had been one of the two discussing in depth the likelihood that Crumplehorned Snorkaks existed.

Behind the two, were their twin sons Lysander and Lorcan. The two were five years old, and almost exactly like their mother. They were dressed in beetroot purple dress robes.

There was a flash of light and Venus turned to see Rita Skeeter standing beside a photographer.

"I'm sure we'll all read a very colourful article about this tomorrow," laughed Rolf.

"We can bet money on it," said Neville, greeting Luna with a hug.

"No, you're not allowed to bet anymore," laughed Venus as the group set off towards the school. "You make bad judgements."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx