Chapter 17: Super Spit

Chapter 17

Super Spit

We sat silently on the bed. Neither of us had said a word for over half an hour. Titus just rubbed my back as I tried to process. He was a werewolf, a fictional human being that turns into a monster during the full moon and hunts other humans. At least that's what I thought a werewolf did.

I glanced up at him. He was staring out the window and seemed rather calm.

"Titus," I whispered.

"Hmmm..." He squeezed my shoulder.

"None of this is making sense. Werewolves don't exist." I rubbed my face. "How can you do those things? You turn into those creatures." I faced him.

He shrugged. "I don't know what to say. To me, this is normal."

I took in a shaky breath. "That red one, it tried to kill me." The fear starting to build. "They're going to kill me now, right? That what he said."

"Hey." He grabbed my wrists and kissed my clenched fist. "Darius was just trying to scare you. I worked it out with my dad. Relax."

"I'm trying to," I breathed. "But you're a werewolf. You're..." I fell back on the bed and covered my face. "My head hurts."

Titus patted my knees. "You're taking this rather well."

I sat up on my elbows and glared at him. "Don't patronize me. This is your fault."

He laughed. "I agree with you. It is my fault." Leaned over me, he tilted his head to the side. "Do you hate me? I'm not exactly canine, but close," he said softly.

"I don't like dogs," I breathed. "I probably never will."

He sucked in his lips and nodded.

"But, you're not one. I'm hoping you still have a human in there somewhere, even as a wolf."

"I never lose my humanity." He shrugged. "I'm aware of my decisions."

"Than I wouldn't consider you a dog, or a even wolf." I looked over his face.

Titus kept his eyes turned down.

"You're not really human either. Just trapped somewhere between."

He flashed me a smile. "Werewolf, Aden. I'm not human, and I'm not a wolf. Those are just different forms I can take. I am a werewolf." He took a deep breath. "Do you still want to end it? I really like you, Aden." Titus looked up at me, pleading.

I gave him a reassuring smile and guided his head to my shoulder. I played with his hair. "No," I whispered. "Just give me time to figure this out."

"I'm falling for you, Aden," he replied softly. "I really am."

The right words were lost to me. I swallowed hard."Titus?"

"Don't." He draped an arm over my chest and curled into my side. "I'll wait. I just wanted you to know."

With a smile, I lifted his chin and pressed my lips to his. "I really like you too."

With a grin, Titus pulled me closer and slipped his tongue inside. We parted, and he left small kisses across my face.

"You really are taking this rather well," he chuckled, pulling a blanket over top of us.

"Shut up," I laughed, pulling him back to me.

***

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, stretching my arms out. I slumped over and looked around my dimly lit room. It was well into the morning, but I still just wanted to sleep. The bed shifted. I looked over at Titus and smiled. The smile soon turned into that of panic. He shouldn't be here!