26

Lyra (1)

From outside, the arena was secured by boats, airships, and trucks from the Metalbending Police Force.

I smirked up at my father as we we walked in. "See. She has this under control."

My father glared down at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Are you really still mad at me for speaking at the meeting?" I asked him. "You disobeyed my wishes, Lyra." He responded.

"I'm sorry, dad." I stuck my bottom lip out, my eyes wide. "Please forgive your favorite daughter!"

My father half-smiled. "Very well."

When we reached Lin from inside the arena, my father didn't hesitate with questions.

"How is the security sweep going?" He asked.

"Fine." Lin responded.

"They've checked underneath the stands?"

"Yes."

"And you have enough officers to cover all points of entry?"

"I have the skies, the bay, and every nook and cranny of this place covered. Now leave me alone and let me do my job."

"Lin, with so much on the line, it would be nice if we could help each other out. At least for one night." My father said.

Lin slightly looked over at my father, a barley noticeable smile appearing. "Like old times?"

"Like old times." My father nodded.

Lin's small smile disappeared as she removed her eyes from my father. "Okay. I'll try to be less abrasive than usual."

"I would appreciate that." My father smiled.

I popped my head in between the two. "Hello, still here."

Lin smirked at me. "Hey kid. Why aren't you with your friends?"

I slowly shrugged. "I'd rather be here. Don't want to get in the way."

By the Look on Lin's face, she knew I was lying. But she didn't question it.

>>>

Once the ring announcer was lifted up onto the ring, the spectators loudly cheered.

"Introducing the challengers, The Future Industries Fire Ferrets!"

My father and I for them, along with Lin surprisingly.

I kept my eyes on Mako as he blew a kiss and winked to someone. I turned around a look up. Asami and her father were in a private box. I crossed my arms while rolling my eyes

When Mako's eyes met me, he sent me a wave with an uneasy smile. I sighed and looked away from him.

"Is that a Fire Ferret?" My father asked me. My eyes returned to the ring and I couldn't help but laugh. "Pabu's getting his big break."

The Ferret walks on his front legs then jumps through an earth disk that was held by Bolin. Only so many people cheered for the Ferret, I was one of So many.

"And their opponents, the three time defending champions, the White Falls Wolfbats!"

The opposing teammates were dressed in capes with wolfbat masks. As they howled, fireworks went up around the stadium. The spectators went wild.

I booed at them which caused a few people to glare at me, but I wasn't bothered by it.

It was very clear the Wolfbats were not going to be playing by the rules. Right off the bat, fouls were made left and right by the opposing team, however the refs didn't say anything. M

A Wolfbat earth bent a disc out of his zone from under Bolin's feet, throwing him back a few zones. Again, this was ignored by the refs.

"What the spirits!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, come on refs! There was some funny business in that last play!" My father exclaimed just as outraged.

Lin crossed her arms and smirked. "Wouldn't have guessed you knew the rules of pro-bending."

My father cleared his throat while straightening himself out. "I've been brushing up. That Wolfbat blatantly bent a disc outside of his zone."

"With just a regular match, the Ferrets would've won a long time ago due to illegal play." I said, realizing what was done. I looked up to my father with slightly widened eyes. "The refs are paid off!"

The Wolfbats pushed the Fire Ferrets back to zone three and eventually knocking them off the ring. The bell rings, indicating that the game was over. The Wolfbats had won.

"Wait! Wait!" I grinned. "Dad look!" I pointed to edge of the ring where Korra was holding herself up and her other hand held Mako up by the collar of his shirt.

Korra managed to toss Mako back onto the ring before letting herself fall into the pool of water. While Tahno celebrated, Mako knocked him down with a fire blast to the back right before the buzzer sounded to end round one.

With round two filled with illegal moves and head shots, a tie breaker will determine who won the round.

The coin toss was won by the Ferrets and when Korra stepped up, I cheered. "Let him have it Korra!"

Sending him a blast, he dodges it, but Korra sends another one with her foot that successfully shot Tahno in the chin, knocking him off of the platform.

"Round two goes to the Fire Ferrets!"

"There's just one more round... the might actually win!" Not that I didn't think they'd win in the first place... hehe.

"I can't believe your sweet tempered father was reincarnated into that girl." Lin said in disbelief. "She's tough as nails."

"Reminds me of someone else I knew at that age. You two might get along if you would only give her a chance." My father said.

I poked my head out. "You get along with me, Chief."

"You've never given me a reason to not." She responded. "And Korra has?" My father asked.

"Hmp." Beifong pouted while looking away.

Side note: I didn't reread the chapter, I'm sorry for any mistakes! (: