Chapter 1: System 427

"Why? I prepared all my life for this! Why isn't the world ending?!"

If anyone heard this, they might've thought that the person was crazy or should be in an asylum.

Lu Feng was tearing his hair out in his laboratory.

"Lu Shi, it's ok. At least it's not ending yet. I wanted to watch some more anime and it'd be a pity for all those really great online writers to die." Lu Feng's assistant, Yu Xie, was trying to cheer the professor up.

"But I predicted Doomsdays 427 times now!"

"Lu Shi, think about it positively! You're only 28 years old, you can go explore other jobs now. You're young and very handsome, doomsdays are a depressing thing, you'll get old if you keep on researching them. You won many of the math and science awards and prizes worldwide. I'm sure you can rise up again."

"Assistant Yu, I know that. I just want to prove those that said predicting the future was bullshit."

"Sigh. Well, Lu Shi, I have a lunch appointment now, bye!"

"Wait, does that mean you didn't trust in my predictions in the first place?"

"Well, Lu Shi, it's just that none of your predictions came true. And think about it, if we survived, I get a free meal, if we don't, then too bad for me."

"Y-you-"

Lu Feng never got to finish his words as his assistant ran out of the laboratory with a "Bye Lu Shi!"

Lu Feng was depressed and angry.

'Why? I'm sure my predictions were all right! Why? Why? Why!'

Lu Feng got out a carton of mango and peach juice from a refrigerator. He always drank this when he was feeling gloomy. Unknowingly, his body slumped down and his eyes closed. He was just too tired to death to notice.

"Sigh, mango and peach juice, when will I ever get a right premonition?"

"You know, that's not good right? Do you want everyone to die?" asked a voice.

"Huh? Who's that? If you're a robber, I don't have anything you might want."

"Hmph! I'm not a robber, I'm system 427. Oh, you realize that you're dead, right?"

Lu Feng looked around. It was dark and he couldn't see anything.

"What?! Did the doomsday really happen?!"

"No, you dolt. I can't believe that you're my host... You died because you had a weak body from researching non-stop. And to add up to that, you drank mango and peach juice that was expired 3 months ago!"

"Ah, no wonder the mango and peach juice had a weird taste..."

"Sigh, anyways, you're dead. Do you have any questions? If not, I'll explain what you're supposed to do now."

"Um, I have one question."

"What."

"Since you're a system like the ones mentioned in novels, you should know a lot of things, right? I want to know why my predictions never came true..."

"Yeah, I'm pretty omnipotent," the voice boasted.

"And no, you're predictions all came true."

"What?!"

"Just not on Earth."

"W-what does that mean?"

"You surprisingly predicted many other dimensions' doomsdays. Even the system managers are really astonished at how you did that. If you look at your notes, they all have research on different cultures and languages, right? Those are relics that just fell on Earth. Deciphering them... that's pretty impressive for such a wimp like you."