38

"Syd can you hand me the butter?" asked Ariana.

I walked over to the fridge and grabbed it. "Here you go Zia," I said as I handed it to her.

"Grazie," she said. As I was cutting up the vegetables, my phone rang. I looked over to Ariana who nodded. "Go ahead I'll finish up here." I smiled and left the room to answer the phone.

( Sydney talking, Madi talking )

Hello?

Sydney, it's Madi

oh hey is everything okay?

not really... it's Jason.

what about him? I asked somewhat worried

He's not doing so good. Sydney he's out of control. He won't eat he won't sleep. Please I know you don't want to be here but he really does care about you and I'm afraid something bad will happen to him

Madi I don't know if I can be around him. I do care about him. But he has hurt me.

I'm not saying he will change overnight. But he had changed for you he will change for you. Please just think about it okay?

yeah okay,

 thank you. I'll talk to you soon

bye I hung up the phone.

I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning my head against the wall. I heard footsteps stop next to me. "What's up?" asked Amelia.

"I just got off the phone with Madi,"I told her.

"Is everything alright?"

I sighed. "It's Jason."

"What do you mean?"

I opened my eyes and turned to her. "He isn't doing good. I do- I don't know what to do."

"Sweetie, I don't know Jason very well, just through Jackson, and you know how they feel about each other. I can't tell you what to do, but what I can say is... follow your heart. I will be there no matter what you decide." a tear went down my face. She pulled me into a hug.

"What if he turns out to be like- like him?" I asked her.

She let go of me slightly and looked me in the eyes. "Then we will get you out."

"Amelia it won't be that easy."

"I don't care." She said in a stern voice. "We will do whatever it takes. I will do whatever it takes. I couldn't help you the last time but I will this time"

"Amelia... I don't know what to do, tell me what to do." I pleaded.

"I can't sweetie. I wish I could tell you what to do... but the only person who can tell you what to do is yourself. Stay in Italy with Ariana and Giovanni..." I looked down. "Or... go back to California, to Jason. The choice is yours and only yours." she kissed my forehead and gave me a small smile before leaving me to my thoughts. I sighed and walked to the backyard. I sat down under a tree in the grass.

What am I supposed to do... I could stay here with my family, safe and sound and never have another thing to worry about... Or I could go back to California and be with my new friends and be with the first guy to make me feel something in a long time.

"WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?" I screamed to the sky. I closed my eyes and prayed for the first time in years. "Please, what do I do? Send me a sign. Tell me what to do. How do I keep from getting hurt again?"

I decided to clear my head. I stood up and started walking all the way to town. I walked past the simple shops when an old woman stopped me outside a flower shop. "Ciao bambina"

"Ciao signorina(Hello miss)"I smiled.

She plucked a red rose and handed it to me. "Per te. (for you)"

"Oh Grazie, Quanto? (thank you, how much?)"I reached for my money.

"Nessun Costo. una Bella ragazza come te Merita un amore altrettanto Bello.(no cost. a beautiful girl like you deserves an equally beautiful love.)" I smiled and thanked her.

In Italy, a red rose symbolizes true love. I looked at it then in the sky. I guess this was my sign. I know what I have to do...