Anticlimactic

~Two Months Later (Specifically November  21)~

By November, Hermione and Pansy had fallen into a routine. Every morning, Hermione and Pansy would both wake up to Hermione's blaring loud alarm. Pansy would then complain about getting up while Hermione prepared herself for the day. When Pansy finally got up, she would throw on some makeup and dress herself in her robes. While Pansy was getting herself ready, Hermione would wait by their room door and tap her foot. 

          "Calm your tits, Hermione." Hermione sighed.

          "Well, if you had woken up the first time that the alarm had gone off, we would be gone by now. And don't say tits. I don't like that word." Pansy rolled her eyes.

          "Why?"

          "I don't know. I just don't," Hermione said.

          "Fine, then. Soothe your boobs."

          "I don't like that word either." Pansy rolled her eyes again.

          "Hakuna your tatas." Hermione laughed. 

          "Okay, fine. You win." Pansy laughed along with Hermione. 

          "Okay, I'm ready," Pansy murmured as she threw on her shoes. 

          "Finally," Hermione muttered as she turned to leave.

          Hermione and Pansy always had to be quiet while leaving because they were always the first ones awake in their common room. But on this day, Pansy and Hermione found Draco sitting on one of the couches reading. Over the past few months, Hermione and Draco had developed a better relationship. Granted, it wasn't great, but they were better. 

          "Draco?" Hermione asked. "Why are you up this early?" 

          Draco looked up from his book. "What time is it?" he asked to no one in particular. He checked his watch. "Oh. I guess I lost track of-"

          "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on," Pansy interrupted. Hermione and Draco both turned their attention towards Pansy.

          "'Draco'? You two being nice to each other? What is going on? Am I in a parallel universe or something?" Hermione laughed but Draco kept a straight face.

          "We have DADA together this year. Padma and Susan are the only two eighth year girls in that class and the seats only sit two people at one desk. So Draco and I were forced to sit next to each other. We figured that it'd be easier if we both just tried to get along better," Hermione explained. Draco just nodded along with the story. 

          "Well, that sure explains everything," Pansy commented sarcastically. Hermione rolled her eyes. 

          "What else is there to explain?" Draco asked. 

          "Why couldn't you two just go on making snide comments and otherwise not talking to each other?" Pansy asked. "I mean sure you were sitting next to each other, but you could've just ignored each other." Hermione and Draco shrugged.

          "I guess it would just be easier if we could talk without insulting each other," Hermione shrugged. 

          "But we still do insult each other," Draco added. Hermione rolled her eyes again.

          "If you roll your eyes anymore, they're going to fall out," Pansy muttered. 

          "Hey Hermione? Can I ask you something?" Draco suddenly asked. 

          "Oh. Um- Yeah, sure," Hermione said, caught off guard.

          "Can she leave?" Draco asked while pointing at Pansy. 

          "Is it that private?" Pansy inquired. 

          "Just wait outside," Draco muttered. "It won't take long." 

          "No. You can go on ahead of me to the Great Hall. I'll be there in a second." Pansy sighed but agreed. Once Pansy had left, Hermione turned towards Draco. 

          "Okay. Shoot." 

          Draco took a deep breath, paused, and said, "Actually, never mind. It's not that important." Hermione let a breath go that she hadn't even realized she had been holding.

          "Well," Hermione commented. "That was anticlimactic Are you sure you don't want to ask? It seemed important. After all, you did make Pansy leave." Draco sneered.

          "Mostly because she's annoying. But, no. I don't need to ask. It's fine." Hermione nodded and turned to leave when she suddenly stopped in her tracks. 

          "Wait. Draco. Two months ago, in our first DADA class, you were about to ask me a question but you were interrupted by the teacher. I thought you were going to ask me later after class, but you didn't. What's so embarrassing that you can't ask me?" Hermione asked. "I'm actually curious. Just tell me." Draco stood and was about to say something when he was suddenly cut off. 

          "He probably wants to ask you to hook up with him," Ron snarled from the stairs. 

          "Ron?" Hermione exclaimed startled. 

          "Weasel," Draco snarled back. 

          "C'mon, you two. There's been two months of you two living together. Can't you just get along. Plus, I told you at the beginning of the year that I wouldn't be putting up with any of your crap." Ron shrugged and headed towards the portrait hole. 

          "Hermione," Ron said forcefully before exiting the room. "Meet me here during lunch," Ron demanded suddenly. He then left without waiting for an answer.

          "Ugh. I hate when he does that," Hermione complained.

          "Does what? Act annoying or demand for you to meet him somewhere? Or both?" Draco asked. Hermione sighed.

          "I was going to say I hate when he wants to meet during lunch. But, that too." Draco sighed.

          "You're not just going to let him boss you around like that, right?" Hermione shrugged. 

          "Last time he demanded to meet me somewhere, he wanted to apologize for something. So I think I'll go." Draco laughed mockingly.

          "You're acting like you're just his pet," Draco sneered. 

          "Am not!" Hermione exclaimed. "Enough of this. I'm going down to the Great Hall." Hermione turned on her heel and strode towards the door.

          "Just remember, Hermione, if you keep letting him push you around," Draco commented. Hermione halted in the midst of her stride, and without turning, listened to Draco. "Who knows what he'll force you to do next." Hermione turned her head to look at Draco, but he had gone back to his book. Hermione stared at him for a moment. Suddenly, she turned and ran out the portrait hole. Once she had turned the corner, she stopped to catch her breath.

          "What does he know?" Hermione tried to comfort herself. "Ron's a good guy. He wasn't trying to boss me around, he just wanted to meet me during lunch. Yeah, that's right." Hermione took another deep breath and headed towards the Great Hall. 

Author's Note

I'm so sorry I didn't post yesterday! I didn't tell you guys yet, but I'm planning to try and update every Sunday. I was going to post yesterday but I fell ill. :( I have a cold. Luckily, though, I got to stay home from school today because I was sick. So.... I guess I made up for it? Anyways, I'll post on Sundays from now on. Kiss Kiss!