Chapter Twenty Four|| Trust No one

{Emily's POV}

The next morning I laid in Oliver's arms as we talked about anything and everything. 

"I think we should just call in and take a day to ourselves. We can go out on the boat...how does that sound?" He asked and I sighed as I ran my hand over his perfectly sculpted chest. 

"You know there's a serial killer on the loose right?" I asked and he let out a snort. 

"Yes, yes I do. He's become a pain in the ass too." He replied and I nodded in agreement. 

"I would love to go, Oliver, but I feel that if I leave I might miss something and I don't know...I just feel like I need to be on guard at all times." 

"And you will, you're only a call away. You're the chief now, Em. They work for you. You just have to be ready when they catch someone to interview. They're doing all they can, and until they come up with something there isn't much you can do." He said and I shook my head. 

"I'm responsible for more than that, Oliver."

He sighed knowing I wasn't going to give in and remained quiet. I didn't want him to be upset, but I had a job to do and I was going to do it. 

I sat up straddling his hips and looked down at him. "I'm sorry I won't go, but please don't be mad." I said and he let out a small laugh. 

"Im not mad babe, you just want to do your job, I understand. No apology needed. I just wish we would get more time together, that's all." My heart hurt knowing that we really only got to see each other in the mornings and at night, but I have to do what I have to do until this killer is caught...I'd never relax until I did. 

"And when I find this guy, and I will, I'm all yours as much as you are mine; mind, body, and soul." I spoke with a small smirk leaning down to press a soft kiss on his lips but Oliver had other plans. 

He flipped me onto my back in an instant with a playful growl, hovering over me with his signature smirk. 

"Mind, body, and soul? Now that sounds like a plan." He joked and I grinned up at him wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"I want to be yours...fully." I said and I watched as his eyes darkened some.

"And I want nothing more than that, baby girl." 

Honestly, I was ready to be his. I was ready to be marked and mated. I was ready to complete this bond. Oliver already meant a lot to me in a short amount of time. 

He leaned down placing his lips right above my collarbone where a male marks his mate and I fought down a cheesy smile. 

"I can't wait for my scent to be on your warning away all those pesky males who look at you with want." 

"No one looks at me like that." I shot back raising a brow and he rolled his eyes. 

"You're clearly blind. Half the men in your department are infatuated with you. I see their eyes when they watch you. I takes a lot to know show them you're all mine when I'm around them, but I have to take into consideration that you might not want me going all dominant male on your colleagues." He mused. 

"Hmm, yeah, I don't think i'd want that." He let out a small laugh and pecked my lips once more. 

"It's time for work." He mumbled against them as he stole another kiss. 

"Sadly." I spoke once he pulled back. 

***

"Okay, I need you to mail this to alpha Jackson. Tell him I want a meeting with the alphas and lunas to talk about this case. It explains why in the letter." I said handing a letter to one of my men on the case and he nodded taking it and walked off. 

I straightened the blazer I wore and walked over to where Claire sat typing away on her computer. 

"What's up, hot stuff?" I asked propping myself up on the edge of her desk. 

"Just typing up some reports." She said with a dramatic sigh and slumped down in her chair. 

"I miss my office." She mumbled looking around the old desk she sat at and I smiled nodding. 

"Me too. I'm sure the station would love to have their police station back without suits walking around all the time." I said and she let out a laugh at the term I used. Suits are what the wolves called FBSI agents.

Her humor slowly left and she leaned forward grabbing a folder and dropped it before me. "You should see this." 

Confused I picked it up and opened it looking at what it contained inside. My heart dropped. 

"Karl is..?"

"Dead." She answered and I gritted my teeth and angrily threw the papers on her desk standing up. 

"Why wasn't I informed of this? He was...he was the last hope we had." I wanted to cry at the loss of the innocent person and at the loss of information. 

What will it take for us to have a win?

"It just happened last night and I didn't want to ruin your night with Oliver. He may have mentioned it to me and he seemed too happy and honestly excited about it. I didn't want to burden you anymore that night with new information." She said and I closed my eyes feeling a major headache coming on. 

"How's Tanner? Any changes?" I asked numbly. 

"He's still in the hospital with no signs of change. The doctors are really pushing you to sign the DNR and let them pull him off to see if he can do all the necessities on his own." 

"Claire, I said I'm not signing it. I know he wouldn't want us to give up on him yet. I know this sounds selfish, but I'm not ready to let him go. I already lost so many people on this case. I don't want that bastard of a killer to have anymore 'wins' under his belt. I think Tanner can pull through. I know he can."

Claire didn't stress the matter. She simply nodded and went back to typing on her computer. I knew Claire and I didn't see eye to eye on the matter. She had always felt to put people out of their misery then to let them suffer on life support. Though, I had always believe in the Goddess and miracles. I've seen people be pulled off life support and they start breathing on their own and it be stated as a miracle. Tanner can be a miracle! 

"EMILY!" A voice yelled and I turned seeing Brian rushing in with a paper in his hands. 

He stopped before me panting heavily as he stuffed it into my hands. 

"I-" pant "Finally got-" pant "The text he sent." Tanner rushed out in between pants and I looked down at the piece of paper eagerly. 

'Everything isn't as it s-' The message stopped there at 's'. 

Then it hit me...

Everything isn't as it seems. 

_______________________________________________________________________

AHHHHHHHHHHHH SHE GOT THE MESSAGE FROM TANNER!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS MEANS?! DOES TANNER KNOW SOMETHING?!

PREDICTIONS?!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

POINT OUT GRAMMAR ISSUES PLEASE :)

Go check out my new story 'Saving Heaven' !!!! ITS SO FUNNY AND AMAZING I THINK! HERE'S THE TRAILER:

HERE'S A CHARACTER VIEWING THAT I CANT STOP WATCHING! :

If you go read the first & second chapter if you haven't already and comment 'coming from the bond series' I'll update again tomorrow!!!

Much love. 

Sorry for the week delay i've been sick:(