Chapter Twenty Six|| Heartbroken

{Emily's POV}

"How did he even get loose?! Isn't he in your prison?" Jackson asked looking to Mason who sighed. 

"He did his time. Christian had banished him as a rogue so after he did his time I let him go as one. I didn't think he'd come back for vengeance." Mason stated and Ryker rolled his eyes. 

"This guy just keeps being a pain in the ass." He muttered. 

How did I not see this?! He was my BEST friend! I'm...I'm a horrible person for not realizing this sooner! Tanner even figured it out before me!

"Emily, I see that look on your face. None of this is your fault." Jackson spoke up and I wanted to cry at how heartbroken I felt. Jackson's words changed nothing about that. 

"Its ours." Octavia spoke up and covered her face with her hands. 

"Goddess, this is all my fault," She mumbled. "I should have never took Scarlett to that party and none of this would have happened." She spoke with a shaky voice. 

Mason rested his hand on her back. 

"You don't know that." 

"Yes I do, Mason! Those kids are dead because of me! Because I was a reckless teen who didn't think about the consequences!" She nearly yelled. 

"You couldn't have predicted the boy would become a serial killer, Octavia! If it's anyones fault its us alphas, maybe we took it too far." Mason countered and Ryker nodded in agreement. 

"He got what he deserved for laying his hands on our Queen, and he'll get what he deserves when we go and get him and he pays for the lives he's taken." Jackson stated with a stern voice. 

"What shall we plan to do then? What if he isn't already onto us? He knows we know what he looks like. What if he knows that one of us would have pointed him out? He'll run or worse... he'll take another life and take his killings to the next step." Ryker pointed out. 

"Emily will need to contact him. Give him a false story to make him think no one is onto him. Emily will ask him to meet and corner him. Then she'll have some of her agents surround where ever they meet." Jacksons stated standing and I sighed feeling my heart pick up. 

My eyes glanced at the empty seat where Oliver was supposed to be. Where is he?! I could really use him right now. 

I felt my breathing pickup and the world around me start to shift. I closed my eyes briefly trying to calm down feeling another panic attack coming on. 

"Emily, look at me." Jackson said resting his hands on my shoulders and my eyes snapped open at the command. 

"You need to calm down. This plan can't fall through. You're our only hope at catching this guy." He stated and I nodded. 

"In and out." he coached and I took deep breaths. 

"Good." He mumbled slowly moving his hands up and down the sides of my shoulders in a comforting way. 

I heard the door to the office open. 

"I'm so sorry I'm late. My meeting went over more than I would have liked it to." Oliver's voice drifted through the room and I was quick to turn and rush into his arms. 

"What's wrong?" His concern voice asked. 

"It's Wesley...the killer is Wesley." I stated and felt Oliver tense at the information tightening his hold on me. 

"His real name is Derek Merrington, the man who was banished for laying his hands on the queen awhile back."

Oliver let out a string of curses. "I knew he looked familiar. He was on the news when he was sentenced to prison. Damn him...I should have known." My brows furrowed until it hit me. 

When Oliver and Wesley first met...

"Have I seen you before?" Oliver asked Wes who shrugged.

He's acting odd... was he seriously jealous of Wesley?

"Maybe. I've worked a lot of cases. I actually used to live around here before I joined the FBSI." Wesley replied and Oliver nodded.

"Maybe so, but it's nice to meet you, Wesley." Oliver turned to me forgetting about Wesley and smiled.

He did look familiar to him. Goddess, how stupid am I?!

"Im so stupid." I mumbled. 

"No you're not. He fooled all of us. Those are the best killers. The ones that are a wolf in sheep's skin. You'd never imagine it to be them." Octavia told me in a gentle voice.

"It just doesn't make since though," I spoke sighing. "He acted so distraught when Tanner disappeared. He was attacked...shot even." 

"He was fooling you." Jackson stated. "He wanted you to cross any possibility of being on your list off. He tried to tie up every end." 

The picture though...why leave a picture behind?

"The picture! The picture I found thinking he was the next target, it was him and his family." I stated and Aurora leaned forward intently. 

"Maybe he used that to push him over the edge. Is someone in his family dead? If he had a picture that was a constant reminder... that would make him angry enough to push him over the edge to commit a crime." She suggested. 

"I agree." Jackson added. 

"We need to call him now. We need to get this done as soon as possible. We could be wasting time." Madeline finally spoke up. 

"Okay." I mumbled and shakily brought out my phone. 

"You got this, babe." Oliver mumbled next to my ear as I punched in Wesley's number. 

I put it on speaker and on the third ring he picked up. 

"What's up, M&M?" He asked and my heart dropped causing me to cover my mouth from letting out a sob. 

I thought of him like a brother to me. 

"Hey, Wes, I just wanted to let you know what happened with the alphas and luna." I said trying not to let my voice waver and I glanced at Jackson who gave me a nod as if saying 'you're doing good'. 

"Oh yeah? What happened?" He asked curiously. 

"The alphas and lunas didn't see any correlations with the victims. Could you ask Brian to run another scam on them and see if you can get anything else? I'm stressing more than I'd like to."

Okay, that sounded convincing. 

"Yeah, sure. So they didn't say anything else?"

He was definitely the killer. 

"Not really. They agreed to tighten up their borders and they asked me a few questions about what I'm gonna do next, but honestly I don't know that answer myself." 

"Well, we're in this together, Em. Don't stress too hard. Im going to go see Tanner tonight. Wanna come with?"

The perfect chance!

"Yeah, I need to talk to the doctors about the DNR anyways. Lets meet there around six?"

"Alright, well i'll go tell Brian I guess. Anything else you need?"

"Nope. I'll see you later." 

We said our goodbyes and I hung up the call closing my eyes. 

Keep it together, Emily. Do not let him win. 

"Okay, lets get prepared, guys." Mason called out clasping his hands together. 

____________________________________________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

What do you think will happen next?

Please comment if I have any grammar errors! I haven't re-read bc I'm so busy and It would help a lot!

Thanks!

Much love. 

I'm double updating this book as well! The next chap should be up soon bc its already written out ;)