Chapter Twenty Nine|| Getting him to come forward

{Emily's POV}

"What's the update?" I asked walking into the room outside of interrogation. 

I looked through the window seeing him shackled up on the other side with agents standing behind him and Brian sitting in front asking him some questions. 

"Nothing. He won't come forward." Alpha Jackson stated as he observed Derek. 

"What do you mean? We have clear evidence he is the killer." I stated and he shook his head. 

"He had people kill for him, he just organized it to happen, then set the body up afterwards. We have nothing directly linking him to the scenes other than his statement given to you. Even then, it's your word against his and he is denying everything you said he told you. In court your testimony will hold up, but not right now."

"What about Tanner? Tanner can testify and put him there at the scene of the crime where he was abducted! That's two witnesses."

"Until Tanner is well enough to explain the whole story we have nothing and time is ticking here. He knows how to play the law, hell he is the law. He's worked with you all too long and knows the ins and outs."

"I can get Tanner down here." 

"Emily he can't even speak a full sentence clearly yet. How is he going to explain all this? We'll get him here, just not yet. It still goes back to Tanner's words against his. Right now we have him here on attempt in murder, forging a new identity, and crossing into wolf territory he isn't allowed into. You caught him at the scene, which the gun links and proves that he was truly going to try and kill him, plus his finger prints are all over it. That we can keep him here on. We need to keep him here as long as we can until we can get him to come forward on the crimes he organized and who helped him do it. You have to think...we don't just have one killer here, this is a whole Charles Manson epidemic...he has followers and by the looks of it, lots." 

The comparison shook me to my core. Jackson was completely right.  He leaned forward un-muting the audio from the interrogation room. 

"So your sister committed suicide. Then all these victims were staged as suicides, pretty coincidental how the two correlate." Brian stated and Derek smiled back. 

"Brian, for the last time, I didn't kill anybody."

"Explain the gun and you showing up at Tanner's bedside yesterday then." Brian asked sharply. 

"Im an agent, I have the right to carry a gun. I passed my test, you idiot. Me and Emily got into a heated argument and she saw my gun and immediately went to accusing me. She just wants to pin this case on someone so she can says its over and that she can be the hero."

My blood boiled. "He's lying!" I took a step forward to march into the interrogation room when Jackson's arms wrapped around me from behind immediately restricting me. 

"Stop. He's trying to get under our skin and you're letting him." Jackson spoke sharply and I took in deep breaths. 

"Im good." I spoke still angered and it showed in my tone. 

"You sure? Cause if you go to march in there again, i'll handcuff you to that table, do you understand me?" 

"Yes, alpha." I spoke having to bite my tongue to stop from snapping at him. 

"Good." He finally let me go and moved back to where he could watch the two men talk. 

"So you telling me that you just always keep a silencer on your gun?" Brian mused.