Chapter Thirty Two|| Be My Luna

{Emily's POV}

"You what?" I asked grinning across the table from Oliver. 

"I want you to become luna." he stated and I let out a small laugh. 

"That was random."

We were having a normal breakfast before he just blurted the words out. 

"I couldn't help it. I've had you at my side wanting to say that for weeks. When I woke up next to you this morning...I just had to ask you. Each morning seeing you lie next to me, it makes everything seem so much more real. You're mine and I'm yours and I want you to be my luna. Be my luna, Emily." he stressed and I leaned over placing my hand on his. 

"Calm down, babe," I chuckled out. "I'm not going anywhere. I was planning to." 

"Wait...you were?"

"Is that a problem?" I mused. 

"No! It's just...what about the FBSI? I thought you would fight me on this." he explained. 

"Nope, Alpha Jackson himself said I deserved a break and I plan to take one. They have a new and great leader among them...if they truly need me I'll always be here, but hopefully no new serial killer pops up anytime soon." I joked. 

"I couldn't agree more—to both things. You do deserve a break." 

I also couldn't agree more. 

"When would you want to be accepted?" he asked.

"I don't know...soon maybe? I need to start sooner or later. Better to take the bull by the horns." I stated and he smirked. 

"Goddess, you're amazing. Do you know that?"

"I think you've mentioned it a a couple times." I mused bringing my glass of OJ to my lips. 

"And I will continue to do it." he spoke standing up with his plate and walked over placing a kiss on the top of my head. 

"I have to head to the office, but I'll see you later alright?" I hummed in response finishing up my food as he placed his plate in the sink. 

"One more thing...my parents are in town," he said and my eyes widened slightly. "And they may or may not have invited us to dinner tonight." 

"Why are you telling me this last minute! I don't even know what I'll wear!" I stressed quickly standing and Oliver rolled his eyes. 

"You'll look good in anything. Stop fretting, bye, babe." he winked before scurrying off and I growled. 

That man...

****

"You called?" I asked walking into Tanner's new office. 

The FBSI was a good drive away from Oliver's pack, but Tanner said he had something for me and I had some time to kill before I needed to get ready for dinner tonight. He looked good in the huge, authoritative office. 

"I was going to bring this to you, but some things came up I needed to take care of. There was a box sitting on this desk when I came in with my stuff and...I think you should have this."

He grabbed something from inside a box on another table and walked over to me. As he placed it in my hands, tears filled my eyes. 

It was a picture of me and Chief laughing. I knew that day. It was a perfect day, we had just cracked a case and put away the bad guy. We were laughing as some horrible joke he tried. 

"He had it on his desk. It was too good to rid." Tanner explained and I brought a shaky hand wiping a tear. 

"Thank you." I croaked out.