Chapter 32 Part II

Scarlett

As always, I regret letting others dress me. Here I am standing in front of Lucas' house, in near-freezing conditions dressed like the slutty reincarnation of Cleopatra. I should have seen this coming, but as always I put too much faith into people who have proved time and time again that I shouldn't.

Angel sent me black and gold metallic two-piece "dress" that leaves very little to the imagination. The top is an extremely low cut bralette that has straps that covers half my midriff, leaving the other half bare and exposed to the elements. The bottom half is long and there are splits on both sides going all the way up to my waist basically showing my thighs in their entirety for the public's viewing pleasure. A sheer piece of fabric is connected to my upper arms by gold armbands. Angel even sent me a pair of strappy thigh high heels to complete the look. An intricate headpiece tops off the entire costume and differentiates me between a lost Instagram "model" and an Egyptian pharaoh. I don't look terrible but I also don't look like myself. I look like smoking hot Scarlett from two years ago which is a place I'm not trying to go back to. I think that this is what Angel fails to remember. I'm running from my past, not trying to embrace it.

I walk into Lucas's home that flooded with people and anxiety immediately floods my system. I hate parties. I don't know why I keep coming back to these things. No one here is recognizable and another surge of anxiety floods my system. I just realized my second mistake besides showing up is that I showed up to alone.

I make my way through the crowd, not having a familiar face to latch on to, only realizing too late that there's eyes all over me. I feel like Moses parting the Red Sea as people move out the way for me.

"Scarlett over here!" A voice calls out and I blindly follow it.

"Holy shit." Alex and the guys spot me before I see them.

"Scarlett is that you? Damn girl if I knew you could clean up that good I wouldn't have let Lucas, have you. You're looking fine as shit." Alex playfully licks his lips before giving me a side hug.

"Thanks." I chuckle and take in Alex's appearance. He's wearing a sombrero and jeans. That's it. "You look....good too."

"Thanks, Bonita." Alex shakes a maraca at me.

Oh boy.

Liam and Jeremiah are shirtless too. Liam has a cheetah print cloth around his waist and his signature bun has been replaced by a flowing mane. Jeremiah has on black pants, yellow suspenders, and a fireman hat. Each of Lucas' friends have bodies that I've only ever seen in magazines. It's a good thing I'm not one of these local girls because I would be getting a sample of all of these flavors if you know what I mean.

Lord Jesus.

My body temperature rises as I bask in the glory of these fine men, not paying any attention to the words coming out of their mouth, acutely unaware of the only reason I'm here burning holes in my back.

"Scarlett you've finally made it." Lucas pulls me into a breath-stealing hug. " I've been waiting for you. I almost thought you weren't going to show for a minute."

I mumble an incoherent reply too focused on the fact that I'm pressed against his bare chest. Like his friends, Lucas too is shirtless. He has a Roman gladiator type kilt and a matching headpiece. He releases me from his grasp and I can't help but gawk Lucas' body. The deep lines that outline his six pack and the deep V that dips below his bottoms, look like they've been cut from marble. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again. Lucas is literally the reincarnation of Adonis. I must have been staring way too long because Adonis himself whispers in my ear "You like what you see?"