29 - SUNDAY BLUES

"—GO FISH, MOTHERFUCKER."

"Remy Oswald Walsh, what did you just say?"

Remy clasped a hand over his mouth as he realized what he had just done, freezing as he felt the eyes of all the adults in the room trained on him, the grip on his cards loosening as he stared at Ethan and Marc with wide eyes, the two boys unsure whether to be shocked or laugh.

They were in Jayne's house for the Super Bowl, getting ready before the other guests arrived, and the boys decided to play cards and stay out of the way, Tony also exiled to the couch after taking one step foot into the kitchen. Sitting next to the man was BUDDY who was knitting and trying not to take up too much room, though that didn't stop him from squishing Tony all the way to the edge, Remy leaned against one of his large legs.

"Watch the cursing, kid," Tony reprimanded, holding a placating hand over towards Birdie who was gaping at her son from where she stood in the kitchen, too shocked to find any way to scold him.

"Sorry," the boy said, his face red as Ethan and Marc snickered, sharing a look at Remy's expense.

Marc had been invited to the party after he had explained that his parents weren't going to be watching and were, instead, going out of town. The plan was to take him with them, but Remy had insisted that he stay and watch the game, begging his mom to let Marc stay over for the weekend. While Birdie was confused as to why Remy suddenly felt the great need to have his friend watch a game that he himself had no interest in, she agreed so long Marc's parents were okay with it.

That was how the boy wound up also sent into exile in the guest room during the Super Bowl preparations, the boys all bored as they lounged around, Ethan sprawled out on the bed, Marc flat on the floor, and Remy with his head dangling along the bed, close to falling over.

"I'm bored," the youngest boy proclaimed, and Ethan simply rolled his eyes, continuing to play whatever game he had on his phone.

Looking over to Marc, the boy tried to smile, but his mouth just opened since his head was tilted so far back. The older boy grinned at him, his head turned to the side, before going back to look up at the ceiling. That was something about Marc that never changed, he was never really one for excessive talking, unlike Remy who always tried to fill silence.

Before he could fill the silence by running his mouth off, and possibly admitting something he wasn't ready to, the door opened, catching all the boys off guard. They turned and saw Tony peering in, giving them a small smile.

"So...don't tell your moms, but BUDDY's got some snacks tucked away, you want them?" the man asked, giving them a wide grin, and the boys all nodded eagerly, watching as the man slid inside, motioning for the robot to follow him, sighing when the robot waddled inside.

Marc grinned brightly as BUDDY sat down next to him, trying to take up as little space as possible, and Tony sighed as he was forced to climb over the robot and the boy, playfully using the boy's head to balance himself.

"Tony," Remy scolded softly, giving the man a look, glancing over to Marc who just smiled, fixing his hair.

The man glanced over at the older boy and shrugged, looking to Ethan who also shrugged. "I don't see the problem, kid."

Remy mumbled softly to himself, risking a glance over to Marc who just looked back at him; always the quiet type. He moved his attention to BUDDY who was reaching into his hidden pockets, pulling out snacks and sodas, as well his knitting.

Tony pursed his lips as he watched the robot go back to his knitting, glancing over to Remy. "Did you teach him how to do that?"

BUDDY raised his head to look over at Tony. "I taught myself."