19| He Loves Cuddling?

[Edited on 3rd June, 2019]

Emily's Pov:

"My birthday ended three hours ago. Its way past midnight, Mr Jones!"

Edward's face fell comically. His smile turned into a frown.

I was sad seeing Edward's face full of guilt upon hearing that my birthday ended and he didn't even get to wish me. I tried to convince him that it wasn't his fault and that I was happy spending time with him but he didn't look much convinced.

He nodded meekly before rushing upstairs to change after we settled on the matter that he wouldn't cook, as we didn't want him to endanger our health.

I went to pick up the lilies and roses which were scattered on the floor, half wilted, half disintegrated. I selected the ones which were still intact to put them on vase filled with water and the rest I had to throw in the dustbin.

I really didn't like the thought of throwing someone's gift in the dustbin, especially of Edward's, so I settled on burying them in soil.

I boiled some water, cut some fresh vegetables only to stir fry them, sprinkling some spices and salt in the pan. I prepared a quick ramen for us, calling Edward to come and eat. I placed two bowls on the table, some fruits and water after putting my own previous dinner aside.

We were in comfortable silence, eating our meal when I heard Edward chuckling. I looked up to see him staring at my previous meal, or should I say my diet food.

"You were eating grasses? On your birthday? Since when, 'cause the last time I checked you had this weird habit of eating like an elephant!" he said, his hands on his stomach, laughing out loudly this time.

"When did I eat like that?" I said, pouting at his comment, glaring, making him laugh like a maniac.

"No seriously Emi, you were munching on vegetables, what about meat? That's why you always fall or slip because you are as weak as a pigeon!" he said, this time fake chuckling to himself, his hands draped over his mouth.

I glared at him, throwing my salad consisting of spinach, cabbage, tomato and cheese at him. Now it was my turn to laugh when he grudgingly removed the strips of spinach and wiped himself with a napkin.

"You're not getting any now!" he said, pulling a container of ramen towards him, eating in front of me like a cow.

"Hey, this is unfair! I made it with my weak hands and you-"

"Then go make some more for yourself," he said nonchalantly stuffing himself. I lunged at him only to yelp in pain when contents of my bowl get spilt over my injured hand, this time tears pricking at the corner of my eyes.

"Oww. My hand!" I shrieked.

"What the- Lily, you really are such trouble!" he quickly took my hand, covering it with a napkin and pouring his glass of water over it. I whimpered in pain and he looked at me with pity.

"What? This is all your doing! How am I going to work now? I have to join in weeks! This is fucking-" I yelled, kicking him in legs.

"I am sorry. My bad. First, come here and treat your second trouble in a single day, shall we?" he said, rubbing his legs before pulling me to sit on the chair. I rolled eyes at his not so formal language.

I tried feeding myself only to spill half of it on my shirt. Edward stared at me for some time, laughing at my attempt to fight with the spoon before snatching it.