Chapter Eleven

*Reader's P.O.V.*

     It has been a couple of weeks since I've returned home. All of my wounds have healed perfectly. I've returned back to my normal health. Everything has returned back to normal. Well, except for one thing...

     Last week, my adoptive parents invited that Zac guy to my house to have dinner with him and thank him for helping me. I tried to tell them that they didn't need to invite him to dinner, but they did not listen to me. So, he was invited to dinner.

     He came, of course. It was awkward because he kept wanting to talk to me. I'd just type on my phone as responce. He asked Kate and Ryan why I became a mute in the first place and they told him my whole entire back story. My parents being murdered in front of me and all.

     He apologized, as everyone does. I told him that it was okay, but he still felt horrible. He asked me if he could take me to the park to talk. Kate and Ryan accepted the offer for me, not even letting me answer. I couldn't say no now and seem like some kind of jerk, so I just decided to go.

      So, here I am, getting ready for Zac to pick me up. I walk over to my dresser and pick out some clothes. I put on a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. Then, I put on my favorite black jacket. I slipped on a pair of socks and then put on a pair of shoes.

      Since I still have about thirty minutes until he'll be here, I should do my makeup and hair. Nothing too fancy though.

     I walk over to my bathroom and grab my hairbrush. I brush my hair and fix it the way I like it. I then put on some makeup, the way I usually do it. I don't want Zac to get any ideas if I put on too much makeup.

      I sigh as I then walk downstairs to see Zac already standing there in the living room. I slowly walk up to him, pulling out my phone. I pull up my notes and then type "Why are you here so early?" into it. He smiles as he then turns to Kate and Ryan, who were also in the living room.

     "I'll bring her back before it gets dark," He says as he then walks to the front door. Wow, he's just going to ignore my question like that? I stand there for a little and then wave goodbye to Kate and Ryan. I then follow Zac out the door.

      We approach his car as he opens the passengers side for me. I get in and he then shuts the door for me. He then walks over to the driver's side and gets in.

       "Why'd he open the door for (Y/N)? She is capable of doing that by herself! Does he think she's weak?!" My stronger voice asks. I shake my head slowly.

       "It's not because he thinks she is weak. He is just trying to be a gentleman," my smaller, quieter voice states. I nod softly, agreeing with my smaller voice.

     "Acting like a gentleman? Gah! He's acting like he's on a date with her or something!" My stronger, louder voice yells. I shake my head, violently.

      A date?! No, no, no! He never said anything about a date! No! This isn't a date! THIS IS NOT A DATE!

     "(Y/N), are you okay?" Zac asks, placing his hand on my shoulder. I look over at him and then nod. He then chuckles a little, starting up the car. He puts his foot on the gas, causing the car to move forward.

     I look out the window, silently panicking about if this was a date or not. He didn't say anything about a date. I mean, he isn't dressed up nice, is he?

     I slowly turn my head toward him, looking him up and down. He is just wearing a thin, grey jacket with a black tank top underneath it and a pair of jeans. Phew. Then, I guess this isn't a date. That's good.