Chapter 14 - Huh?! (Edited)

Rose POV :
How did this happen? I was just with him. If I stayed longer would've I died too? Oh! I couldn't even look at the TV without feeling sad with a slight of regret. Somehow I feel it was my fault. The police said it was an animal attack since there were bite marks and claws scratches all over his body.

However, he was laying in the exact spot were I left him and when I looked back he wasn't there. So how could an animal kill him then bring him back where he found him? Surely there was something bigger than that but what? I couldn't ignore the feeling that someone died when I was just minutes with him. It felt awful. I hugged my knees on the couch when silent tears started emerging from my eyes. I was tired of watching people die around me.

Minutes later, it started to get dark, I was still in the same position. I didn't have plans in moving, but I heard noises outside. At first I thought it was my imagination, but then it grew louder. A huge thud made me jump on my feet. I ran towards the back door and swang it open.

Well I didn't expect that.

I was met with piercing blue eyes, but it belonged to a huge black wolf. I caught something moving in the corner of my eyes. I focused my eyes away from the black wolf and I found a brown wolf, it was smaller in size compared to the black wolf. It was also laying next to the wall covered in his own blood I assumed based on the open gashes on his skin. I gave it another look and frowned. I got a weird feeling that I had seen him before. But where?

I turned my gaze back to the black wolf when I remembered he was still watching me. He ran towards me and before I could scream, he grabbed the brown wolf by his teeth and ran into the forest. I stood there for a few minutes processing what just happened. My hand was still gripping the door knob and I didn't dare to move an inch.

Did that just happen? Did I really just saw wolves in front of me?

I immediately closed the door shut and locked it. I walked back to the living room and slumped on the couch. An image of Mike's dead body popped in my head. Did the wolves do it? If yes, why were they attacking? Did they follow me so they could end me too?

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't know how much time I stayed like this. I knew it was late now since I heard the door open and Dad came in.

"DAD!! " I ran to him and hugged him making him lose balance for a second. He was surprised at first but hugged me back. I couldn't hold the tears that were threating to fall. I was so glad to see him, today was very creepy.

"What's wrong pumpkin? Are you alright? "He asked with concern.

"Yeah I am fine. Are you okay? "I asked back after releasing him and walking backwards towards the couch. I needed to talk to him.

"I am fine,"he replied, but he still looked concerned.

"Dad, I need to tell you something," he nodded and we both sat across from each other. I couldn't hide anything from him as he was the only thing I had left.

"I was walking home with a guy I have just met in class and I left him 2 blocks away from here, but when I arrived home, I sat on the couch and watched the news which stated that someone had died tonight, so they showed the scene and it was him, the boy I mentioned.  They said it was an animal attack, but the weird thing is that he was laying dead 2 blocks away and that is impossible because when I turned around he wasn't there. After awhile, I heard noises from outside, I got up to see what it was and I saw 2 wolves fighting—well actually one was laying on the floor with blood all over its body and the other was huge.  The huge one took the other one and ran to the forest," I said in one breath. I started to take deep breath after that. Man that was long.