𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. the girl with ghost eyes

chapter eighteenthe girl with ghost eyes

chapter eighteen
the girl with ghost eyes

☼ ☽

          The sky is filled with dead stars

          The sky is filled with dead stars. Although there is no way of knowing just how many stars have become carcasses because they're many light-years away, there is no doubt that some of the stars in the night sky have turned into supernovas. And Jill Samson liked to think of people as if they were like the stars hanging above her in the sky. Because here's the deal: stars are a lot like humans. They're born, they live for an amount of time, and then they die. Some fade away, some explode, but they all die. They're all mortal just like humans.

That notion revisited Jill Samson as she realized her surroundings weren't that of a dream, but rather a cruel reality.

The bitter sting of cold air eating away at her bare skin was the first thing that brought her out of her trance. Her hair was in disarray and dirt (or maybe actual shit) was smudged on her face due to trudging through the greywater, but she didn't care in the slightest. She was too busy trying to comprehend the recent events to care if all her hair had stayed in her scrunchie. What she did notice was how the air felt thick in her lungs and how it seemed to burn her throat every time she inhaled. And worst of all, she was hyper-aware of the horror before her, making her believe that maybe she was just a star destined to burn out.

In front of the group stood a mountain of abandoned toys, clothes, and other belongings which were collected from the missing kids in Derry. The mountain seemed to be endless as it towered over the group of still breathing preteens. But that sight wasn't the one that had Jill remembering just how alike people were to stars. Because the true horror was the fact that the missing kids were floating in the air, orbiting around the mountain of forgotten belongings. They all resembled stars that had burned out many light years ago, and now were forced to float in the sky, still shining until they eventually faded away. All were corpses. Some were still stained with fresh blood, but others were so decayed that an open casket wasn't an option anymore. And amongst the missing kids was Beverly Marsh.