123- The Impulse Buy Wedding Dress

"We're getting married," Venus told the room full of her family and friends who had gathered at Venus and Neville's request.

"Yeah, we know, you've been saying that for almost twelve years," Mali laughed.

"No, you don't understand," said Neville, "we're getting married on the 5th of January."

"But that's two weeks from now!" Molly squeaked.

"So we probably should get planning then," Venus shrugged.

Immediately the couple was mobbed by questions.

Venus nudged Neville with her shoulder, "this is going to be fun."

********

"Honestly, Fleur I really don't care about having the perfect dress," Venus told her sister in law, for what felt like the fiftieth time. "Why don't you just choose one for me Fleur?"

"Nonsense," Fleur scoffed, "every girl wants ze perfect wedding dress."

"Not me." Venus said, "I told you, I'll just wear my dress robes."

"Stop arguing Ve. We're getting you a dress if you want one or not." Mali told her.

Almost a week since Venus and Neville had announced their wedding, the entire time had been taken up with planning (they had been given a brief break for Christmas Day). Venus had spent most of the time trying to convince everyone that she was happy wearing her normal dress robes.

But none of the women would hear it. Fleur had taken the first opportunity to grab all of the women and drag them to Madam Malkin's robe shop, which had a rather large collection of wedding dresses.

"Oh, wouldn't this one be beautiful!" Molly immediately hurried over to the rack of Wedding dresses.

None of Molly's children had gotten married in years, so the woman had been suffering from wedding withdrawal. She had been pestering Venus to get married for a while. When she began pestering Charlie, the whole family had seen she was becoming desperate.

To tide her mother over, Venus had suggested that Teddy and Victoire would be getting married soon, which earnt her glared from Bill, Fleur and Remus, whilst Tonks just laughed.

"Can I just sink into the floor please." Venus murmured as Fleur threw a dress into her arms and shoved her in the direction of the changing rooms.

Venus had never minded dresses. But she had always tried to avoid wedding dresses. That certain type of dress seemed to drive most women insane, for reasons that were beyond Venus's comprehension.

Excited chatter could be heard from the main shop, as the other women (namely Molly, Ophelia and Fleur) picked out more dresses for Venus to try on.

Venus tried on the first dress. But it didn't feel right at all. It hung off of her in a strange way and made her feel as though she was drowning in fabric.

"No way am I wearing this." Venus said as she walked out of the changing room, "I feel like a bloody marshmallow."

"I'm not going to lie to you Ve, you look like a bloody marshmallow," Mali stifled a laugh.

"Try this one," Ginny passed Venus another dress, "I think you'll like it."

Venus rolled her eyes. But she took the dress anyway. She attempted to wriggle out of the marshmallow dress but found that she was stuck.

"Gin!" Venus called, "a little help here would be great."

Ginny came around the curtain and stifled a laugh when she saw Venus struggling to reach the zip on the back of the dress.

When Venus finally managed to get out of the dress, Ginny helped her into the next one.

Venus straightened up and looked in the mirror.

"Wow," Ginny whistled.

"Oi!" Mali yelled, clearly realising that Venus was in the next dress, "we want to see too."

Hey guys!

Check out this beautiful cover for Venus made by the wonderful @-eidelweiss-! Isn't it amazing!

Go and give this talented creator some love!

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx