So It Begins

"Damn it!" Robin cursed, his consciousness having been forcefully pushed back into his body. He stood from the magic circle, cursing under his breath at their failure. Robin had failed Danny. Again.

"Robin," Raven cut off his thoughts, "we must prepare." She said, though there seemed to be a sadness in her eyes. She walked up to the boy wonder, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We will save him. We rescued you when Slade forced your apprenticeship. Star and I saved your bodies when the souls were ripped out. We will save Danny."

"Yo, Robin! Raven! Where are you?!" They heard Cyborg yell outside the sorceress's door. Both Titans bolted forward, racing to meet the half metal teen.

"Cyborg! What is it?" Robin asked, knowing it could be nothing good.

"Robin! Where the hell have you two been?" He demanded "Whatever. Robin, the energy fluctuations have started again, but they're through the damn roof! It's worse than when I was sucked into the portal!"

"Raven, do you feel anything? Last time the portal opened you and Beast Boy were in pain." Robin questioned, hoping that he was wrong. He let out a breath when she shook her head. Perhaps he'd been wrong. Before any of the Titans could continue, a blaring alarm rang throughout the tower, spurring movement from all the Titans.

"Damn it!" Cyborg cursed, running to the large monitor in the living room.

"What's going on?" Raven asked, standing beside a cursing Robin and Cyborg.

"I had Cyborg update the censors throughout the city to detect severe changes in the atmospheric energy. It's the only way Alpan will be able to get to this plane." Robin began furiously typing on the large computer.

"What if she decides to start destroying somewhere else?" Beast Boy piped up.

"Unlikely. We've tried to stop her plans before, so she'll probably want us out of the picture first."

"Okay, but what's with the swearing and lightning fingers?" The changeling asked, swaying slightly from the sheer amount of numbers on the screen.

"Damn! The atmospheric pressure is all over the place!" Robin cursed, causing Cyborg and Raven to swear.

"Robin, what does it mean that the pressure of atmosphere has gone everywhere?" Starfire asked. Robin sighed, turning away from the screen.

"It means," he glanced up at his team, "that Alpan's at our front door."

~~~~~~~~~~Line~Break~~~~~~~~

"Go!" Cyborg shouted at the lagging civilians. Some of the residents of Jump City decided that the Titans just wanted the city for themselves for a while, and refused to leave. And, after Robin nearly ripped their heads from their bodies, Cyborg decided to step in. Unfortunately, things weren't going much better for him. "You're putting yourself in danger by staying here!" His words were met with scoffs and stony glares.

"We don't have time for this." Raven growled, using her magic to envelop the stubborn civilians, sending them away to the officers in charge of the evacuation.

"Well, that's everyone." Cyborg breathed out, turning to the sorcerous. "How long do you think we have before they show up?"

"It is hard to say; we've already had more time than I expected. I doubt it will be too much longer." And, as if on cue, a bright red line began to make its way across the otherwise blue sky. In a matter of moments, that red turned into a line of flames.

"Raven!" The sorcerous heard Robin shout. "Put up a barrier! Protect the citizens!"

Robin stared up at the flaming sky, eyebrows drawn together in pain. He knew what came next. And, like clockwork, the flames began to open. However, what greeted Robin's eyes wasn't what he expected. Rather than Alpan throwing herself out of the dimension, there was Danny. His arms were held out gracefully, palms facing upwards, arms spread wide; the gesture would seem welcoming if not for the circumstances. A crown of flames perched on his head, a fiery cape billowing behind him. The tear in the sky grew wider, revealing an army of molten creatures standing ready behind their leader. Almost as if they were an army fighting for their king. Robin didn't bother looking away as his team approached from behind.

"All civilians have been evacuated." Raven said, also staring at their wayward friend. After a grim moment of silence, she spoke again. "It seems as if our stalling has come to an end."

Danny made the first move. Bringing one hand to his side, he loosely pointed towards the Titans with the one still raised. And, with that signal, the molten army surged forward. Robin immediately spurred into motion.

"Titans! Go!"

The Titans met the creatures, blasting and clawing with vigor. They worked together seamlessly, demonstrating exactly why the team rarely lost. Robin easily flipped over several of the creatures, throwing a few frozen disks their way. Cyborg was blasting them back, putting his sonic cannon to good use, and also covering for Beast Boy. He, in turn, had Cyborg's back, quickly tackling enemies and leaping away, as to not get burned. They were made of molten lava. Starfire and Raven flew overhead, blasting and throwing as many as they could stand. From above, it looked as if a volcano had gone off. The individual creatures themselves were far worse, though. Their bodies were made of molten rock, fire weaved into their beings. Flames erupted from their heads, in a cruel mockery of hair. Two overly large horns protruded from the fire, shockingly hard considering their environment.

"Damn it!" Cyborg cursed loudly, "Yo, Rob! They just keep coming!" He yelled to the boy wonder, who was currently fighting more of the creatures with his staff. Robin cursed when he noticed. Yes, some of their attacks were keeping the damn things down, but even more kept coming. The Titans wouldn't be able to keep this up forever. And where the hell was Alpan? Normally the big bad would start gloating, saying how futile their actions were. Cursing again, Robin leapt upwards, using one of the of the soldiers as a springboard. Danny quickly came into view in all his fiery glory. Aiming a punch at his jaw, Robin continued his ascent. Just before he made contact, Danny caught the blow, throwing him to the side.

"Robin!" Raven shouted, using her magic to catch him. He nodded in thanks, leaping into the air once more. And, once again, Danny blocked. This time, however, he scoffed.

"If you're so desperate for a fight," He yelled, throwing Robin to the ground, "then I'll give you one!"

Robin leapt out of the way of a bright green blast at the last second, slightly shocked that Danny was speaking. Last time they'd seen him, he was Alpan's mindless puppet. Strong as hell, but a puppet nonetheless. Danny kept coming, firing as many blasts as he could manifest. Robin, though, didn't really fight back. He just couldn't bring himself to. He didn't want to hurt Danny, not after everything he'd already been through. So, he just kept dodging, trying to keep his head on his shoulders. Danny certainly wasn't making it easy, though.

"Come on now! I thought you wanted to fight me!" Danny cackled, showing off pointed teeth. What the fuck had Alpan done to him?! Danny kept coming at him, and Robin was quickly tiring. And, as he inevitably knew he would, Robin stumbled. He knew it was over. Danny would likely kill him, or at least cripple him. And, when Robin was sure it was over, it wasn't.

Danny didn't take the shot.

"I'm not done yet!" The halfa shouted, sending more blasts Robin's way. But something was different. There was almost a hesitation in his attacks. Seeing a chance, Robin took it, flipping backwards.

"Danny!" He shouted, "It's me, Robin!" He grit his teeth as he continued to avoid the onslaught of attacks coming his way. "I know you can hear me, Danny. And I know you can break her control. You did it before!"

"Shut up!"

"Fight it! Don't let her control you Danny!"

"I'm not being controlled!" Danny yelled, but there didn't seem to be much conviction in his words. His moves became slower and sloppier, and he all but stopped using his ghostly abilities.

"Dammit! You're going to hurt a lot of people if you don't fight it!"

A/n: Hey guys! First and foremost; thank you so much for 30k reads!!!!!! When I started this story, I didn't think anyone would want to read it, and now I'm honestly shocked! Thank you!!!

Secondly, I just wanted to clear something up for some readers. A few people have been wondering how the Titans didn't know Danny was part human when they knew he was a metahuman. The answer is that metahumans aren't necessarily human beings. For example; Starfire is considered one, despite the fact that she is from another planet. I hope that explanation clears things up!