twelve

October 31st, 2016

Camila wakes up to her sister jumping on the bed, dressed up as a witch, her face painted green.

"Happy Halloween, Kaki!" Sofi grins at her, jumping up and down on her bed as Camila sits up. "You're still taking me trick or treating tonight, right?"

"Of course," Camila smiles, because it's not like she has any other plans, and that's something she really misses doing. Before The X Factor, Camila would take Sofi out on Halloween, but as soon as she was put into Fifth Harmony, suddenly she was working all the time.

She really missed a lot of Sofi's childhood, and that's one thing she regrets.

Sofi adjusts her witch's hat and smiles. "What're you going as? Aren't you going to dress up for school? You did that last year."

Camila just shrugs. "Maybe I'll pull out my classic Harry Potter costume. I mean, everyone knows I have magical powers."

Sofi laughs, getting off Camila's bed with a smile. "Mami says we'll have to be home by eight. That's a whole hour later than last year!"

"Yep, you're getting old, Sofi," Camila grins as she pushes the covers off herself and stretches. "Next thing I know, we'll be sending you off to university."

Sofi frowns. "You'll be going there first."

Camila doesn't answer, because she'd never really thought about what she'd do if she did end up stuck here. Would she go to college? She doubts it. College isn't something she's really wanted or thought about.

As Sinu calls Sofi downstairs for breakfast, Camila stands up and stretches again, deciding she'll throw together her trusty Harry Potter costume later that night. She dresses and goes downstairs to have a quick bowl of cereal, before running back upstairs and into her bathroom to brush her teeth and do her makeup.

Her hair is a little knotted, since she fell asleep while it was still wet last night, but she manages to tame it in the time it takes Dinah to arrive and burst into her room like she owns the place.

"Sup, Walz," Dinah smiles at her, flopping down on Camila's unmade bed. "Normani texted me and invited us to a Halloween party."

Camila smiles, because she has the perfect reason not to go. "I have to take Sofi trick or treating."

"The party starts at nine, Mila," Dinah laughs, "I doubt you'll still be out with Sofi at that point. Besides, Lauren's probably going."

Camila bites down on her bottom lip, actually considering it if Lauren's going to be there. If Camila is being honest, Lauren had been particularly clingy over the weekend. After they'd stayed at Ally's on the Friday night, Lauren had asked if she could come home with Camila instead of being dropped off at her own house. Of course, Camila had said yes, and she'd spent the entirety of Saturday and Sunday morning with the older girl.

Lauren hadn't wanted to go home, but Camila had a lot of work to do for school, so she texted Normani and asked her if she could look after Lauren for a little while. She hadn't wanted Lauren to leave, but it's hard to do your homework with Lauren Jauregui snuggling up to you so much she's practically on top of you.

Basically the only time Lauren is ever on top of anyone, Camila laughs to herself, thinking about that night on the bus, back in 2015. Lauren had gotten wasted and crawled into Camila's bunk, wanting to kiss her. Camila hadn't let her, wanting to move on, and Lauren had drunkenly murmured about how she wished Camila would just fucking dominate her.

Lauren didn't talk to her for a month after that night.

Camila shakes the thought from her head and sits down next to Dinah with a sigh. "I'm not coming to your party. I'd rather stay in and watch scary movies. That's like, the traditional thing to do on Halloween."