Chapter 1

Anatole Hilaire as Cole

Is the Moon Goddess messing with me?

I clenched my fist as I stared at Austin, my Alpha's first born son, in the safest distance I could manage. As always, the young lad was surrounded by an amazed crowd admiring his prince-like figure and beauty.

Long straight blonde hair paired with his bright blue eyes. Well shaped jaw line and perfect crooked nose. He has the body of a fighter and a heart of a monk.

He is simply beautiful, probably the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

My heart started to beat fast just from the sight of him and this lovely emotion just made me sadder.

I wanted to complain, why did the Moon Goddess pair me up with someone like Austin? But I couldn't help but to feel lucky at the same time.

My fated person is so pretty. I blushed as I smiled from these thoughts.

Even though I'm pretty sure that he won't dare to accept me, the only omega in the pack and a male at that.

Still, I'm happy to know that I have such a wonderful mate.

Though he could never be mine.

"Cole!" I stiffened from the sound of my Luna's voice. I quickly turned to face her just to get slapped across my face without any warning. "You worthless piece of trash! How dare you stare at my son with those nasty eyes! Shame on you!" She shouted, gaining the attention of people nearby.

They started mumbling insults towards me as if I did something unforgivable.

I'm just admiring my mate's beauty like everyone else.

I also wanted to greet him for his birthday just once...

Is it bad?

My chest tightened as I covered my cheek with the help of my right hand. I kept my eyes on the ground, avoiding any eye contact to hide my building tears away.

Just as I thought, I shouldn't have come...

"I-I'm sorry my Luna."

Luna Amani glared daggers at me before stepping on my foot with her wooden shoes. I closed my eyes tightly from the pain, holding in any sound until she left.

It hurts... I gasped in pain as I looked at my swollen foot.

It really hurts...

"That's what you get, fag."

"Disgusting. You deserve that, don't dare cry!"

"Just kill yourself will you."

The crowd chanted and I did my best not to let a tear fall...

Ever since I was a kid, I already knew that everyone hates me. It took me a while to understand why.

It's because I'm an Omega and the runt of the Pack.

I don't even know my parents, maybe they are a part of the pack but I'm not sure. They might be ashamed to have a son like me. I also don't have friends or someoneI could rely on.

I'm just a slave to the pack.

I'm worthless and even if I die, no one would remember that I existed or maybe they'll do... I mean they'll probably remember me as a curse.

They'll be more surprised if they learned that my fated person is no other than the first born son.

I bet they'll kill me.

Ignoring the pain on my foot. I began to walk away from the crowd.

Some turned to watch me walk like dying deer, some threw me stones as I dragged my foot towards my small tent near the woods.