Kissed...

My eyes widen in shock at his actions unsure of what to do. One half of me is telling me to stay while the other is telling me to move away.
"Raya! Justin! Hurry up!"
Luke yells causing the two of us to pull apart just as he walks through the door.
"What's taking so long? We're all waiting on you."
Luke says crossing his arms.
His eyes then shift to me and I notice him scanning my face which is probably a flaming red.
"Raya? You okay?"
He asks concern filling his eyes.
"I'm good, why?"
I ask raising an eyebrow like I don't know what he's talking about.
"You're....a bit red."
He murmurs before sending a pointed glare at Justin as if assuming he had something to do with me crying.
.....am I red from crying or blushing? Blushing ain't as noticeable so I really wish it was that. I don't think it is though.
"It's just a sunburn."
I state and his eyes narrow as if to show he doesn't believe me. Not one bit. He does however seem to understand that I don't want to talk about it. He turns on his heel before walking out the door heading for the kitchen.
"Lets go! I'm hungry!"
He exclaims and Justin and I quickly follow behind.
... ... ... ... ...
All of us sit down at the table which seats a total of eleven.
It includes Joanna, Jaecee, Saiylor, Nathan, Tyson, Luke, Justin, Dad and surprisingly Asher and Monroe as well.
"What are you doing out of the medical wing? You should be resting."
I state in a rather motherly tone.
"Chill, I'm fine Raya."
She smiles and I frown in disapproval before sighing. It's not like I can force her to go back to the medical wing....or can I? I tilt my head trying to think of a way to get her to go back to the medical wing, but she seems to read my expression.
"Don't even think about it."
She warns and I frown plopping down into a chair at random and find myself between Justin and Monroe.
I feel my face begin to flush at the thought of what happened merely minutes ago. Did he mean to kiss me? Or was it just the heat of the moment kind of situation. Not that there's anything really attractive about a girl crying with a runny nose and a red blotchy face. If I think about it, it almost seems cliche, but the fact it actually happened makes it different. It doesn't feel cliche at all. It does however feel confusing.
My eyes glance to Justin to see he's eating his food seeming completely relaxed and at ease with himself. Nothing to signal that he's thinking about the kiss, at least nothing that I can see.
I notice his eyes begin to drift towards me, but I quickly look away not wanting to be caught staring.
Instead my eyes meet Monroe's blue ones. She raises an eyebrow before glancing between Justin and I. She then smirks as if she knows what happened. She can't know, can she? That's impossible! No one should know! Not until I figure out what even happened!
I begin to shovel food into my mouth not wanting to look at anyone, let alone talk to them.
Dinner goes by rather slowly considering everyone would rather talk then eat. Not that I blame them, but I really am beginning to feel a bit awkward sitting here beside Justin.
I really wanna go run and hide in my room. At least until I can get a clear head and think straight.
Everyone talks about random topics that keep the conversation going. Questions however do pop up many times, luckily my dad seems pleased to answer all of them.
Dinner finally ends with the eleven of us stacking our dishes and carrying them to the sink.
Luke looks back seeing my hands are full of dishes considering I went ahead and carried Monroe's as well. Much to her annoyance I must say. Had to basically rip the plates from her hand! Then even Asher had to help out. Anyway Luke does not act like a gentleman, nope! He sees the dishes in my hands before smirking evily. Oh, great.
He quickly puts a finger on the top of his nose before yelling at the top of his lungs.
"Onetwothree, notit!"
I glare in annoyance before allowing the amusement to break through. We haven't argued over who had to do the dishes in forever.
Gotta say the first time he did that it was before we had become friends. My dad was there when he did that, but he just laughed it off and said I could handle the dishes.
Oh, I handled the dishes.
First I chased him down the hall with the sharp pointy ones yelling that he had to help. Gotta say, I think I freaked out a few of the other gang members. Not to mention my dad was not happy one bit!
He made me go back to the kitchen and that night I had snuck all of the grossest and dirtiest dishes into Luke's room and literally hid them everywhere. I'm not kidding.
Dirty silverware tucked in his socks. Old food mixed in his underwear. Plates under his pillow and food actually in the pillow. Unknown sauces and other condiments smeared on the bottom side of his blankets and poured into his dresser. You don't even want to know what I put under his bed or in his shoes.
Let's just say I was grounded for a month.
Luke got me back though.
Let's just say it was a very long month of me having to continuously clean my room of dead mice. I swear he was an evil child. He even tried putting a humongous tarantula in my room. To bad for him I'm not scared of spiders. Though I did end up putting a snake in his toilet after that....he wasn't to happy. Ended up checking his toilet for several weeks with a broom in hand.
I honestly am surprised we became friends after how bad the whole trust issue went. I guess that's just what happens when you get kidnapped and escape together.
"Yeah, yeah I'll get the dishes."
I state causing him to smile triumphantly, but the smile falls when he hears my next words.
"But don't blame me if you find a snake in your toilet."
His face completely pales before he tries to regain his composer.
"Okay, I'll help."
I smile trying not to laugh.
I must've really traumatized him.
"It's okay, I'll help her."
Justin's voice says from behind me and I feel my shoulders tense slightly.
What do I do?
Luke's eyes shift between the two of us before he decides to speak.
"You cool with that?"
He asks looking at me.
What should I say?
I nod not wanting to speak.
I continue walking to the kitchen before starting to do the dishes.
"If you clean, I'll dry and put them away. Or would you rather the other way around?"
"I'll clean."
I state looking down at the dishes as a  blush decides to consume my face.
I begin to wash the dishes all the while trying to ignore his distracting footsteps. It feels as if I'm just extremely aware of him now. I feel ridiculous! Why am I acting so annoyingly...girly?!
"Raya?"
Justin asks suddenly nearly causing me to drop the plate in my hand.
"Yes?"
I ask forcing myself to remain calm.
I glance up and instantly regret it.
He's literally standing only inches away. I move to step back only to find my back pressed against a cabinet.
"Um..."
I trail of glancing down at my feet before looking back up at his eyes which seem to shine with curiosity and uncertainty.
"Raya, I didn't mean to startle you earlier if I did. I was just..."
He trails off and I tilt my head trying to read his expression.
"I just.....I wanted to tell you...."
He stutters as if trying to find the right words and I notice a his cheeks begin to tint pink.
I smile before doing something I probably never thought I would do.
I lean in and kissed him, pressing my lips against his soft ones.