Chapter 39: epilogue #2 of 3

Everleigh Pov

No.

I cannot go here.

No. No. No. No. No.

Just looking up at the large intimidating walls of Angeles Prep it was like I could see right through them. I could practically see the strict teachers yelling at the students and hear the click of high heels against perfectly polished marble. The straight-backed, prestigious students who always got what they want. That's how you would describe most princess's and I am a princess...but I like to think I'm different.

"Hi, you must be knew," A voice squeaked as they ran past me. Than the body froze mid run, stopped. Her blonde curls fell against her back and she slowly spun around.

"Oh my god! Ever!" Hanna squealed, running up to hug me in her death grip. "I swore it was just a rumor. I thought you're parents would never send you here. They're practically my aunt and uncle by everything but blood....I can't believe you are here! Oh, this is great."

"Hanna, stop," I laughed, placing a silencing finger over her lips. "They did force me to go here."

"They did?" She asked, her voice muffled against my finger and sounding more like dhey dwed.

"Yeah," I sighed. "I argued and pleaded, but they thought it would be best. And....I couldn't do anything about it. I left without saying goodbye too."

"My Mom told me something about you leaving without saying anything, but I didn't know you were coming here!" Hanna yelled.

"Aunt Marlee." I shook my head. "Such a blabber mouth."

Hanna giggled. "You don't seem...too sad."

"I'm trying not to let it get to me," I replied, walking past her and into the building.

"That's good Everleigh! You've always been such a happy spirit!" Than she started to babble at rapid speed. "Did you know that my mom and you're mom met on the steps of Angeles Prep. I know we're not meeting for the first time but it's still funny! And ew, oh my god, my brother is dating Amber! And there like really close. And you probably already know this, but the royals of Waverly were kicked off the throne for something illegal and the citizens picked a knew King and Queen."

"I heard about that. I was one of the advisors that voted them off the throne," I told her.

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. But the new royals son goes here now and he is really hot. I mean like..."

"Fry him up and give me a slice, hot?" I laughed, recalling her calling a couple guys this before.

"No," Hanna deadpanned. "Rap him in bacon, fry him up, and give me the whole thing hot."

"Well that's a new level," I giggled. "Blue eyes?"

"Like the ocean."

"Brown hair?"

"Like chocolate."

"Yum," I smiled. Hanna only ever told me about guys with brown hair and blue eyes because I told her once that I had a thing for it.

"You know you're so different than you're mother. Mom always says the queen walked away at the slightest mention of any male.." and than she was babbling again.

"get this...he's first in line. But he doesn't want to live in the castle! He wants to live a normal life as a two. He wants to be a doctor! He wants to buy a regular house when he gets out of this place. His parents made him come..."

"Really?!" I said just to appease her.

"But..."

I tuned her out and looked around. The floors were marble as I had predicted. But the walls were...homey. There were pictures of students and frames of A+ quizzes. I spotted many pictures of Mom and Dad together around the campus. At the gardens. With there friends. At a dance. I guess Angeles Prep is very proud to have had the royal queen and king attend there academy. The dorm room doors were painted in multiple colors with posters, paintings, and photos alike hanging from every inch of them.