Homeward Bound

I knew it was coming, we both did. We knew we was powerless against time. If only we could freeze the hands on the clock, push a pause button on summer, rewind the day's. I found happiness but now it was being ripped from me.

Staveno and I had spent every possible second together, shared many laughs, dances, and the love making was phenomenal. We'd discussed this day many time's, how'd we say goodbye, how'd we'd keep in touch and talks of planning another visit. He asked me to stay, I'd asked him to go. Then we both laughed, for we knew it wasn't possible for either of us.

I had a life waiting on me back home. A new job to start, family eager to see me. Staveno's life was here running his business. This was by far the hardest thing I've had to do, to walk away from the man I fell in love with. The same man who scared the wits out of me, the same man that started this by texts. My biggest fear was that once I boarded the plane it would be over. I'd never hear from him again. That this was all a fun summer fling and I'd be forgotten with my unconfessed love.

That's right, I've yet to tell Staveno that I love him. I'd never told a man that before and I was scared I'd run him off with my feelings. Staveno hasn't brought up love to me either so that makes my thoughts confirmed. He's just having fun with the little tourist. Soon as I'm gone he'll find a new one to haunt. As if he could read my mind he'd tell me that this was real. That it was killing him to see me go and mapped out the best time's for us to talk due to the time difference.

Regardless what his true intentions are I don't regret a moment spent with him. I'd never felt so adored, cherished, and doted on in my entire life. It's clear that Staveno isn't like the other men I've encountered. He puts me first no matter what. He's even fell back on his work in order to spend more time with me. However I feel uneasy about this entire long relationship thing. It's understandable that Staveno is a very intriguing, handsome man. I see women checking him out wherever we go. Not that it bothers me it's just with me a world away he's basically on the market again. I'm not saying he'd cheat on me but we are human and we get lonely. Sometimes we need more than a video chat. We need what's attainable.

The night before I left Staveno stayed the night with me because our flight left out early. He relunticaly helped me pack and asked over a thousand time's if I could extend my stay or just not go back at all. Of course we both understood why I couldn't but he thought it was worth the try anyways. That night we spent it in each other's arm's and the love making was so intense. We held each other as if it would be the last time ever.

The next morning Staveno drove me separately from my friend's to the airport. Every second alone counted right now. I held onto his hand tightly as he drove and rested my head on his shoulder. My emotions were on edge but I vowed I wouldn't cry. "I'm going to miss this place". I said more to myself than to him.

He smiled a placed a gentle kiss upon my hair. "Your not going to miss me?" He asked hurt but jokingly.

"I'll miss you the most". I assured him.

All too soon we arrived at the airport and he helped me check my bags and wait. We mainly hugged and spoke in hushed tones of our next meeting plans. Eventually our flight was called and I hesitated to stand. I didn't want to go. Tears threatened my eye's as Staveno pulled me into him and hugged me with enough force to crush my ribs. I breathed his scent in deeply, rubbed my hands down his back trying to put every bulge and curve to memory. I didn't want to forget a thing about him. Staveno backed up enough to face me. He gave me a short kiss than whispered into my ear. "I've fallen in love with you my JJ".

A small sobbed escaped my lips and I hated myself. I promised myself I wouldn't cry but he had to go and say that. Through my muffled sniffling I whispered back. "I love you to Staveno".