xxiii. stab of his lies

Vanessa's POV

I SAT ON the couch habang hinihintay na sagutin ni Cathy ang tawag ko. I massaged my temple and groaned. Fuck Eric and his mouth!

I didn't know that by just listening to him makes me tired already. Damn. Para na rin akong nakipaglaban sa mga pang-aasar niya. Damn it! Why do I even have a best friend like him? Tss.

"Hey, Queen! Napatawag ka? Kanina pa ako natawag sa 'yo, hindi ka naman nasagot . . ." Halata ang tampo sa boses niya na ikinairap ko.

"Something bad happened to Eric."

"H-ha?! What?!" I heard her stumble. "K-kailangan niyo ba kami ngayon na? Is he okay? Kayo? Oh my gosh! Sinong magbabalak niyan sa inyo?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Everything's under control. Just called you to give you information."

"O-oh. Okay . . . so, hindi niyo kami kailangan diyan?"

"Yeah. Just enjoy your honeymoon. No need to worry. We'll notify you once we need you but that would be impossible since I'm here." I confidently said and sip from my wine.

'I think I need a cold bath . . .'

Natigilan ako nang may maalala.

"And . . ." pumikit ako ng madiin. My head started to ache more because of what I suddenly remembered.

"Stop calling or messaging Axel, will you?" I ordered, still controlling my tone.

"Ah! Eh, hindi naman kayo nasagot ni Jamie. Of course, I got worried! Siya nalang tinawagan ko . . ." She sounds like a kitten.

"Tss."

She laughed from the other line. "Come on, Queen! Sa 'yong sa 'yo na si Axel tapos nagseselos ka pa rin? Axel is too damn loyal to you in case you're not aware!" I heard her giggling.

I frowned. "Are you trying to make up for what you did?"

"Hindi, 'ah!" She denied. "I'm just telling the truth. Axel loves you so much and based on his actions . . . even the way he looks at you, he's sincere. He really loves you and I know that he really is loyal to you."

Weird. Why is she suddenly talking about this? Did Axel ask her to do this? Tch.

"Yeah . . . yeah, alright."

But I couldn't deny that fact that I was moved by what she said. Well . . . I know Axel more than everybody does and I know he loves me, just like what Cathy said.

But still . . . why am I still afraid of what the future holds for us?

"Oops! I need to go na! My husband is calling me naaa!"

Husband.

"Alright. I'll hang up now."

"Bye!

Sumandal ako sa kinauupuan ko at napapikit muli.

'I wonder what Axel meant with Smoke.'

After a few minutes of resting, the door opened and Axel came in with a smile on his face. He slowly went towards me and gave me a quick peck on my lips before sitting next to me.

"Tired?"

I nodded my head. "A bit."

My eyes are closed kaya hindi ko napansin na nilagay niya ang kamay niya sa likod ng ulo ko. I felt him massaging my head.

"Everything's over . . ." I said and looked at him with a grin. "Should we focus on something more . . . important?"

His smile faded. Hence, my forehead is knotted. "Did you just frown?" I irritatingly asked. "Don't you want to get married? I thought you wanted us to get married."