15.Misunderstanding

"Is it really true?" Nessy voice out breaking the awkward silence.

"Oh! What I'm asking? It must be true as the old Lee had called Nicho scolding him for not talking about you?" She foolishly grinned looking at a distance.

"You know, me and Nicho had talked about setting you up with Shaub. And Nicho had almost made a plan but who knows you two would hit off without us noticing it." She smiled looking back at me and goosebumps spread on my skin.

"Nessy! You ha-" I was about to refute her when she waves her hand cutting me off mid-sentence.

"You don't need to tell anything. I understand your thoughts. And you don't need to feel guilty." She spoke out whatever she has on her mind.

Nessy! Who is guilty? You have no all of you have misunderstood me.

I wanted to say that to her but Nessy wouldn't give me a chance to speak. We're sitting on the swing in the backyard and she had almost dragged me here after we had finished our lunch.

"Choco! When I had seen you for the first time together with Shaub, I had a feeling that you two will end up together and now see my instinct became true." She grabbed hold of my hand and caresses it with a smile crept on her lips.

"I'm so happy for you and Shaub. That boy has finally thought of settling down." She had a genuine smile on her face and I couldn't muster up the courage to burst her illusion.

In this half month time that I'm here, she had treated me like I'm her kin and had never discriminated me as an employee of Nicho.

So how could I make her sad with my words? But whose fault is all this?

That jerk, he had brazenly lied without thinking about the consequences, and here I had to clean up his mess.

I had thought that the play would be over once we had that medicine but the old Lee almost announced to the whole world that the Shaub Reghen is my would-be husband. Also, the woman who seemed to be the old man guest was sneaking a glanced at the time and when our gaze met, she gave me an appropriate look as if she was satisfied with me.

And if I had seen correctly then she seemed to be familiar with Shaub as she was staring at him with some yearning on her eyes. She didn't bother to hide it and Shaub gave an indifferent look to her avoiding her presence whenever she wanted to strike up a conversation.

The whole lunch time was quite suffocating for me as I needed to act lovey-dovey with the so-called jerk. I was nearly infuriated to death while I had to smile sweetly at Shaub when he would add food on my plate.

After finishing the lunch, old Lee asked me about the present I wanted and Shaub dropped the bomb asking for the medicine. The old Lee was astonished to hear about it and seemed reluctant to give it away. And then only I knew that it was a possession of his late wife who had left this earth 10 years ago.

But old Lee didn't want to go back on his words so he ordered butler Han to bring it out. At first Butler Han hesitated to take it out and after looking at his master's solemn face, he presented it in front of me. Also, the old Lee didn't forget to give us a blessing stating that our marriage life would be full of happiness.

And the worst was that slight touched of our lips which made my mind fuzzy and I was absentminded the whole time we were at the Lee's Mansion. It's been two weeks since that incident and still, that moment flashed on my mind whenever I touched my lip.

Because of that, I had avoided that jerk for the two whole weeks and these days he rarely shows up during lunch and dinner. And that medicine had done its work and Nicho can walk on his own leg. So, my job here has finished and I will be going back to my home the day after tomorrow.