25. December

Maaaaan this one got cheesy, I don't think Disney could've topped this. Sorry, guys, my bad. Try not to choke on your vomit.

Christmas Eve had been magical.

Flying across the sky all night looking in at the happy families and spreading joy to the ones who needed it had been amazing. Hazel had seen things she didn't even think was possible; Wherever Nick's sleigh flew, a shimmer of happiness spread along with the snow and made people smile up and feel the magic spirit of Christmas.

Hazel hadn't believed how it could've all been true. The way Nick took her hand and told her to close her eyes and see what he saw. Hazel had done just that and then gasped as she instantly saw an image of Ashley squealing in her parents' living room as Jim came up from the basement with a furry little puppy in his arms. Ashley had been so happy and hugged the dog so lovingly and kissed it. Camille had cried in the background, but what Hazel didn't see were her parents.

"Camille sent them away," Nick had told her. He told her she had told them that until they found it within them to face Hazel and talk about it, they were cut off from their grandchildren.

Hazel had cupped her mouth in tears after he told her that. Her sister's solidarity had moved her beyond what she could imagine, and that was saying something as Nick and her continued to fly over the night sky and looked in at the families across the globe.

Now, as the morning light peaked in through her window, Hazel found herself laying on top of Nick, half buried under his Santa coat. He had taken off his hat, but they had both fallen asleep together after everything had been seen to. They had come back to Hazel's apartment, and for the first night ever, they fell asleep in her bed without any intimacy needed.

Christmas Eve was over, and Christmas morning had come. All winter long, they had both needed to distract themselves and pretend everything was different, yet what Hazel discovered instead was a freedom unlike any other.

– In Nick she had found more than just a Christmas fling, but a soul that spoke fluently with hers. Nick, the one and only Santa Claus, had come back to her and taken her with him.

And now, as Hazel slowly looked around her bedroom, looking at the glinting morning light... she knew she wanted to come with him everywhere.

"I love you," She whispered, not sure if she cared that he was awake or not. She had to say the words she had been holding onto for so long and release them like she had released herself from her safe haven here; She belonged with him. "I love you, Saint Nick."

Nick stirred, and Hazel felt as his arms tightened around her. She slowly moved and found his eyes open and his lips smiling. The warmth in his coffee colored orbs had never been more toasty.

"I love you, too, Hazel like-the-nut," He replied. When Hazel blushed and grinned, he chuckled silently. "I love you so very much."

Hazel bit her lip and slowly placed a hand on his heart. "You know... you've been here all winter and I never got to tell you what I wanted for Christmas. I don't think that's fair."

Nick raised a brow, perhaps realizing the same. "There's still time."

"Is there?"

"Always, Hazel."

A smile spread on her lips. Then, Hazel slowly but surely climbed on top of Nick and situated herself on his lap. He chuckled and brushed her thighs as she leaned down to his lips.

"I want you," She whispered. She saw his eyes intensify with warmth and felt his heart beat stronger under her palm. "I want to travel with you to the North Pole or wherever you reside. I want to do this every year; I want to spread Christmas cheer, I want to see the happiness of families as you bring them what they've wished for, and I want to make you happy for the rest of my life," Hazel took in a breath when Nick's whole face melted. She smiled at him and gently kissed his lips. "I want to come with you, if you'll have me."

Nick wrapped his arm around her waist and cupped her face with his other hand. "Hazel... I... you don't even know what you're signing on for..."

"I'm signing on for you," She said. "And everything that you entail. Nick, I love Christmas and have spent my whole life wanting to capture the best Christmas moments with my camera so I'd never lose it. But if I'm marrying Christmas..."

Hazel sucked in a breath when Nick widened his eyes. He stared at her for a long time, his face unreadable. Then...

"You'd want... to marry me?" He whispered. "Marry... Santa Claus?"

Hazel chuckled a little, but nodded. "All I want for Christmas and every Christmas henceforth... is you, Nick."

Nick laughed back and then suddenly rolled them both over, capturing Hazel below him in a passionate kiss. Hazel squealed and wrapped her arms around him, sighing happily.

"So does this mean a yes?" Hazel whispered once he pulled away and rested his forehead against her chest.

"You know," He slowly spoke, his voice slightly muffled against her skin, "It's the damnedest thing. Nobody ever asks me what I want for Christmas... but if anybody were to ask me right now..." He now looked up and shot her a smirk. "I'd say I already have everything I want in my arms."

And with those words, he pressed his lips over hers and sealed their fate. Hazel smiled and brushed her hand through his hair, through Santa Claus's hair.

Her Christmas wish had come true this year, she had found her family, she had gotten her merry Christmas, and most importantly, she had gained a memory that required absolutely no photograph to remember it. Whatever the future would bring, she was certain her and Nick could figure it out somehow together, because that's what Christmas was about; coming together and showing people that anything could happen with a little love.

And that was all that Hazel needed, now that she had her Saint, who in her naughty nights, also remained a sinner. Which just went to show that even the naughty kids could be nice.

And, that even naughty girls got their wishes fulfilled, Hazel grinned to herself as she patted Nick's firm ass and earned a hearty laugh.

• • •

Yes, they surely do.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays again, guys. Have the best Christmas ever and don't forget to share that happiness with the people around you, even if it's a bad day, a smile is the most magical thing you can give o a stranger.
Cheers! 🙏