Chapter 4

I sat at my usual spot on the roof. I felt as if my mind was floating like the clouds above. Sometimes I wish I could be one. I would fly around and watch people or blast the rain on them if they were sinners.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a presence nearby. I look up to see someone, but the sun was blazing with light making me recoil into the shadows. I got a better view of the person that stood before me.

"What are you doing, here again?" I snarled.

He doesn't reply back to me.

"I asked you a question?" I said.

Still no reply.

He sat down beside me and leaned back against the rough wall. I was about to say something, but I decided to shut my mouth, for now.

I got out my sketchbook and started drawing the City of Caliber.

It was such a lovely city that I couldn't believe what had happened to it and how the Elementals didn't give a damn about it. The city had the nicest people you would meet in your entire life and wonderful markets. How could they not care? After all, it's my hometown.

"Why are you drawing that?" He said pointing at my drawing.

"What's wrong with drawing the lovely City of Caliber."

"Nothing." He said.

"I thought so," I muttered returning to my drawing.

I hadn't noticed how close we were. His side was touching my side sending warmth to my cold exposed skin. I can't say, that I didn't enjoy it, but I wasn't going to let him know that. This is one of the times I felt some kind of warmth.

I felt his hand on mine. I shot daggers at him through my eyes.

"And what do you think you are doing?" I snapped at him.

He didn't reply but hold my hand tighter.

I tried to get out of his grip, but he wouldn't let me go. He puts our entwine hands on his muscular thigh. I looked away knowing that my innocent self in me would blush with this kind of contact.

"I have class now," I said refusing to look at him even though he was wearing his mask.

"I'll walk you there." He said getting up still holding on to my hand.

I got my bag and got up.

"Are you never going to let my hand go?" I asked.

"mmhmm," He mumbled.

"That's not even a proper answer," I muttered.

"I think you already know the answer to that question" He replied.

≠-≠-≠-≠-≠-≠-

When we had reached my class, he just let my hand go and walked out. What a gentleman.

I entered my class only to be rampaged with girls asking me questions on Duke like I was a magazine filled with gossip or something. The popular girl, Stacey was standing in the middle of them with her arms crossed.

"What were you doing with my Duke?" She snarl. 'My Duke' I wanted to laugh my ass off. Everyone knows that the Elementals were single. Was she delusional or something?

"Nothing of importance," I said trying to get to my seat which was at the back of the classroom.

Stacy didn't move away.

"Please move," I said.

"Tell me what were you doing with him and don't you say it isn't important because I saw you and him holding each other hands." She snarled.

"It's honestly none of your business," I said.

"You listen here BITCH! Duke is mine and no one else's. So don't so slutting around him, you WHORE." She shouted at me.

I just rolled my eyes.

"I'm not the slut here am I. You are the one exposing as much skin as possible. Wearing that skirt up to your ass and a few sizes smaller shirt. Whereas look at me. I'm wearing the recommended outfit for the school uniform." I said to cause some of the guys in the class to called out "Shots fired".

"By the way, a whore means a prostitute and between the two of us, we both know who is the prostitute here. You!" I said before bumping her to get to my seat.

"Bitch!" She said.

"Yes, you are a female dog. Now sit down in your seat, listen to your master and be a good girl." I said causing everyone to laugh.

She was about to say something, but she got interrupted by our teacher who just walked into the class.

"Miss Louise, Can you please return to your seat?" The teacher asked.

She snorted before walking over to her desk.

I sighed and opened my book waiting for the teacher to start the class.

≠-≠-≠-≠-≠-≠-

Once the class was finished I exited the classroom. I saw Stacey rubbing herself on Duke and making her breast look bigger than it originally was. She secretly smirked at me and winked. I recoil in disgust.

How can a human open themselves like that? Use their body to get the male attention. Well, I can say that Duke wasn't reacting much to it, but the entire male population in the school were walking by looked at her with hunger and lust.

Males (Facepalm, no ...... wait, double facepalm)

How can they be interested in something like that? Something so disgusting that even I can feel the shame from her parents if they were ever to see what their corrupted child is doing.

Duke turned to look at me watching him. I can't help but stand stiff under his gaze.

He gets up from the wall and walks towards me causing Stacey to fall down onto the cold floor and flash everyone. (yuck)

She glared at me with rage.

He was about to grab hold of me, but I quickly turned around and walked away.

Jeffery to the side --- >