Chapter XXII

Writer's block sucks, that's all I can say right now. Enjoy this rather overdue chapter, thank you for still supporting this book, no matter how I act.

Coping with the rather destructive departure of my biological father, was not a pleasant thing to do. My mother was always a strong character in my life, always put everything in order no matter how petite or 'weak' she had seemed from her physical appearance, now? Now she was still pouring her eyes out, with barely a wink of sleep since everything went down. I tried to be there for my mother, like any normal son would, somewhere, deep inside, I knew we would go through high and lows before we'd hit the dead center of tranquility.

But unfortunately, that said tranquility was still out of our grasps, floating away in the dead time of space, for now we only had each other to lean on. Last night I had lost a deep part of me - my Father, that I wasn't even sure really cared for me that much. I had mixed feelings about this whole situation, but all I could do was stay strong - breaking down right now would not be a good thing, considering the fact my mother is broken beyond and not to mention so is Nathan.

There were a lot of things I did not know before yesterday, much less that my father had a son that happened to be a mortal enemy of the Lewis family. However, I doubted that I would ever consider his son a brother to myself. He was a total foreigner and not to mention he tried hurting some of the most valuable people in my life, let's not even begin talking about Tony attempting to rape Allison, because I swear I'll break down in rage.

It was around noon and here I was laying in my bed watching over Nathan who was sleeping. I had never seen him break down quite like this, I never knew what happened to his father, I had just known he was deceased and that is about it.. Last night, my father, whom I did not even want to call my father, mentioned something along the lines of Nathan killing his own father and it had struck a curiosity inside of me. It was strange that someone would accuse Nathan of that, sure I hadn't been by his side for the longest time either, but so far, I realized how harmless Nathan is to the general society, let alone lives.

Nathan always carries a serious and troubled demeanor behind him, from a blind eye's point of view, people would say it was his most prominent quality. But from my point of view, things were different, the once perfect image of Nathan Lewis was buried deep inside my mind. Not only was last night full of hurt, it was also filled with realization - Nathan was not a man without worries, striving to protect his own people. He was just as fucked up as all of us, he had his own problems, he had his own regrets, his father's death had taken a toll on him and that's what I had failed to realize before.

I'm not saying that Nathan murdered his own father, no, that's absolutely bizarre, but I do think there was more to the story. Now that I look back at my time spent with the Lewis siblings, I truly realize how depressed and lost Nathan actually was, he always dreaded being a let down to his father, Allison even me. He always told us he'd protect us even if it costed him his own life, but was that truly what he needed to do? I might not be the wisest human on the planet, coming here with a background of no human contact whatsoever, but I think all a long, it was Nathan himself who needed protection, he needed someone to keep him sane.