Chapter 16

Alexander's POV

Everything around me was black. I couldn't tell where it ended and I began. But all I know was that I was no longer in pain. But then everything came crashing around me.

Bright lights, pain, beeping surrounded my body like if you were surrounded by the ocean. "Hey there, big guy. Took you long enough to wake up." A female voice called above me.

I shielded my eyes and looked around. "I'm right here, silly." The same voice said and a hand waved in front of my face. I looked around the hand and it was Isabelle. "Isabelle?" I asked. She smiled and put her hand down. "Yeah." She responded, taking a seat next to me. "Where am I? Where's Mel? What happened?" I asked.

Adrenaline coursed through me and I bolted upright but pain went through my stomach. "Hey, hey. Don't push yourself, Alex. I'm fine. I'm right here." Melanie's voice said on the other side of me. I looked over, seeing my beautiful mate sitting in a chair with crutches leaning against the arm of the chair and her leg in a cast.

I sighed and reached out for her and she grabbed my hand. "Hey, Alex." She whispered to me. "How are you?" She asked. I nodded. "I feel okay. What about you?" I asked. Chuckling, she played with my hand. "I'll be fine. I didn't die. And good thing you hadn't. I was so worried."

I nodded. "I was so worried, too. I thought I would never find you. Come here." I said all in one breath. She smiled and got from her seat and hobbled over three steps and sat next to me. "What happened to your leg?" I asked her, bringing her into me. She shrugged and cuddled into my chest. "Your mom broke my knee. Stomped on it pretty hard." She said. "Don't worry. I made a decision to kill her. She won't hurt you anymore." She told me and touched my cheek.

"I was more worried about her coming back to hurt you." I said honestly. She chuckled. "I love you." She whispered and kissed my cheek. I smiled. It wasn't a force smile. It felt like a genuine smile. All my pain, physical and emotional, melted away.

"I love you, too, Melanie. More than you'll ever know." I told her, grabbing her face and smashing our lips together. Her hands found a way to my hair and pulled me into her.

"Okay, love birds. You both need rest." Isabelle told us as we parted. Melanie sighed and got up. "Sad to say it is like 3 in the morning." She said and reached for her crutches. "I'm gonna go back to our house to sleep. If you need anything just mind link me. Love you." She told me before giving me a small kiss and starting to move towards the door and so did Isabelle. "Night Alex." They told me in unison. I sighed and smiled. "Night." I whispered and got comfortable before falling asleep.