Beautiful Dreams ( 12 )

After our little time meeting, Ty then took over teaching us the basics of how not to die. So that's always good. 

We did this for 6 or 7 hours and needless to say we were tired. Roy was half-dead on the ground. Alex was drowning himself in a bucket of water trying to cool himself off. Meanwell I'm using the shade that Athena's large form was giving off trying not to pass out. Ty, however, was perfectly fine. He was just chilling against Raikou who had fallen asleep. 

He was staring at the sky. I could tell he was thinking about Sardis by the sour face he wore. 

"You're staring Larisa," Athena said pulling me from my, daze.  

"No, I wasn't," I said as I felt my face heat up.

"You're an awful liar, you know?" She said moving her face closer to mine.

"Oh shut up," I said pushing her head away.

"Ooo you like him, don't you?"

"No, I don't"

"Don't be ashamed of it. He is very handsome. For a human at least. However, he's not my taste."

"So what are your taste then?", I asked nudging her.

"I thought we were talking about your crush, not mine."

"So you admit you have one. Let me guess... A certain yellow being by the name of Rai-"I was cut off by her wracking me with her tail.

"BE QUIET HE'LL HEAR YOU!!"  She yelled as she hiding her face in her wings.

"Aww you're so cute"

"Shut up"

"I love you too," I said as a patted her head.

I took a deep breath and put my hands behind my head, leaning against her. I looked up at the sky. The fluffy white cotton candy clouds floated softly in the blue sunlit sky. The birds sang their medleys in the trees. It was truly peaceful almost as if it was a dream from an equally peaceful sleep. Sleep sounded good right now. My eyes grew heavy as I let a peaceful sleep take over.

*****

I opened my eyes ending my sleep. However, when I did I wasn't met with what I had expected.  

It was beautiful

It was beautiful.

"Wow," I breathe out as I look at the sky.

"It is beautiful isn't," I soft voice said from behind. I smiled and turned around to meet a face I hadn't expected. My smile faded as he walked to me. 

Sardis. 

A smirk played on his face. I took a step back. A little panic filled my thoughts. His smirk faded. He stopped walking and put up his hand in surrender.

"I'm not here to hurt you, Larisa. If I wanted to do that I would have done it when we first meet, my dear. Besides, why would I kill you here in such a beautiful place, love?" 

"And what is here?"

He smiled before answering," Always straight to the point. I like it. But to answer your question we're in the dreamscape. The places were all dreams and nightmares come from."

"How am I here?"

"You're here because you're sleeping, in the real world at least. However, I pulled you out of your dream into here the dreamscape."

"Why?"

"Well, A little birdie told me you got into a fight with one of my Oneirdectus and seeing that neither of them came back. I'm guessing you won." He said doing a slow clap.

"Yes, I did," I said glaring daggers at him.

"Relax, I didn't send it to attack anyone. just to do a little spying for me that's all. It only attacked you because you found him. I would never want to hurt you on purpose. I told you. You're special."

"Right you say I'm special is it because I'm a girl dragon rider or is it because I'm an Elemental rider too," I said with venom in my tone. 

"Wait, what you're an Elemental!?!"

"What your little spy didn't tell you." I sassed.

"You killed it before it could." 

"Oh...right."

He opened his mouth to say something else, but he was interrupted by a loud devilishly screech that made my blood run cold. He stopped and turned towards the direction of the sound.

"What was that?"I said.

"Shhh... I'm listening."

Um...Rude much. However, I did as I was told. I watched him from my spot on the uneven ground. He closed his eye as another screech ripped through the air. His eyes snapped opened. He then turned on his heels and ran towards me grabbing my arm and pulling me along with him.

"What are you doing" I yelled as I tried to break his grip on me as we ran.

"Just trust me on this, Larisa. I'm trying to help."

Another screech ripped through the air as we ran. I didn't know where we were going, but it was away from the sound and I was okay with that. I stopped fighting him and ran with him hand-in-hand. Another screech tore through the air. 

"What is that?"

"A dreamscape is full of both dreams and nightmare. That's a nightmare you don't want to meet and I don't either."

We stopped running after we had gotten a good ways away from whatever nightmare had made the devilish sound. 

"Will it follow us?" I asked Sardis. 

"I'm not sure," He said looking at where we last hear the terrible sound.

I sighed and looked at the man who was supposed to be the enemy. His raven hair almost shining in the silver light that hung in the sky. His majestic blue eyes that seemed so familiar to me yet completely new. He turned his head and saw that I was staring at him. He smirked at me.

"Like what you see Sweetheart."

"I..Um...I...I" I sturred turning my gaze to the ground.

This caused his smirk to grow. He laughed but stopped when we heard the loud devilishly screech once more but this time it was closer.

"It's coming, "Sardis said pushing me behind him.