Chapter 1

*Your pov*
It was a typical day here in Nevada. It was warm and fresh. I enjoyed living in Nevada, but my dad got a job offer in Los Angeles, which meant we had to move. I didn't really want to move, but it was for the best. I was at school for the last time. There's nothing really to miss about Nevada High. It was the same, popular girls gossiping, jocks picking on 'nerds', it was the same old thing. To be honest, I wasn't going to miss it. I never really had any friends here, so there was no need to miss it. I was just hoping for this day to end. I needed to pack my stuff anyways. My dad didn't tell me before that we were moving. He wanted it to be a surprise. I was in my last class. I didn't do much in this class, so I just sat here listening to music. My favorite song then came on. It was 'Young and Beautiful' by Lana Del Rey.
I was quietly humming the song so that nobody would hear me. I checked the time and to my surprise, it was almost time to leave. There was 5 minutes left so I packed up my things. I waited for the 5 minutes to pass by. When the bell rang, I was the first one to leave. I saw my dads car so I went over. I quickly got in and sighed. He looked at me with a concerned look, "You alright y/n?" "Yeah dad, just had a busy day" "Well, we're gonna go for ice cream after you pack your things, alright?" "Alright". I really didn't want to go for ice cream or pack. I just wanted to sleep. I looked out the window as my thoughts were all over the place. I couldn't help but think how my life would be in Los Angeles. My thoughts were interrupted by my dad singing his favorite song by Zed Leppelin. I giggled as I heard him singing. He always knew how to cheer me up. We made back home, so I ran to the front door and waited for my dad to unlock it. As he made it to the front door, he looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. He finally unlocked the door and I ran inside up to my room. I started packing my clothes and shoes. I couldn't pack as much stuff, so I left some things behind. I did grab my teddy bear though. It meant a lot to me, my dad gave it to me when I was a baby. I gathered my things and went downstairs. My dad was waiting for me on the couch. He looked over to my direction and gave me a warm smile. "You ready to go kiddo?" "Yeah, I am dad" "Okay let's go get ice cream first". I nodded as he took my stuff to the car. He must've packed a lot more things than I have. He had a U-Haul truck behind us. I guess the ride wasn't going to be long since we were planning on driving to Los Angeles. I got in the passenger seat, waiting for my dad to get in the car. I decided to plug in the aux cord to the radio and my phone. I put on a playlist while waiting. I was jamming out until my dad came in the car. He started the car and we drove off. The car drive seemed to take forever but I enjoyed looking at different places that we were passing. We finally made it to Los Angeles. It was dark so we saw lights. I was so shocked to see how beautiful Los Angeles was at night. My dad parked at this stunning house that was big. I was kind of confused because it was only me and him. I sighed as I got out of the car. I grabbed my things and went inside our new house. It was near the Hollywood hills so it was really nice. I felt safe here. I wasn't sure if I was going to be going to school tomorrow, it was going to be Friday anyways. I walked up to the front door and went inside. It was already decorated with things so it seemed like we didn't need to do much around here. My dad showed me upstairs to multiple rooms in the hall. I picked the one that was near the bathroom. I walked in and noticed two doors in the room. I opened one and it was a walk in closet. I was pretty excited about having a walk in closet. I opened the other door and it was a bathroom with a shower. I guess I really didn't need to be near the bathroom. I placed my box of things on the nightstand by the bed that was already placed there. I was digging in my luggage to grab a pair of sweatpants. I finally found a pair and put them on. I plopped on my new bed and fell asleep. I couldn't wait to start my new life here in Los Angeles.