Chapter 42

Three days.

That's how long Jason has been ignoring me. I hated saying that, but that's the only thought that is coming to my mind.

I tried calling him again that day after I went to visit my mother with Elena. He didn't answer and just texted me again, so I just gave up. I tried again the next day and still nothing.

And the fact that he talks to Elena is another proof that he's just ignoring me.

He came to the office yesterday but I just left him alone and didn't try calling him.
I was annoyed two days ago but now it just bothers me.

"Ms. Mendes." I looked up as Lydia slowly entered my office knocking. "Mr. Knight wants to know if you could handle a meeting his brother had to attend."

"Okay. I'll give him my answer." I said and she nodded before walking out.

I stood and walked out to, directly heading to the elevator.

I don't know what his problem is but I was going to find out. He always calls me directly when he wants something. He never went to Lydia. He doesn't even know her name.

The moment I stopped in front of his office, I just paused.

Maybe I should with until the end of the day.

I shook my head and knocked on the door. I heard him respond and I opened the door to find him behind his desk with his eyes glued on his work.

"Hi." I said closing the door behind me.

"Hi." He replied briefly looking up, before looking back at his work.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him. Why won't he look at me?

"How are you?" I decided to ask sitting on one of the chairs, trying my best to ignore the uneasy feeling creeping to my chest.

"Good. You?" I honestly grew frustrated when his eyes don't once leave his work.

Bad.

"You haven't been taking my calls." I stated and he stayed quiet. "Why?" I asked trying my best to stay calm.

"I've been busy." He simply said making me clench my fists slightly.

"With what? Is it about Kevin? Did something happen?" I continued asking wishing for him to just answer me end tell me what I need to know.

"Not everything is about him." He said finally looking at me. "Did you need something?"

"Yes. I need to know what's wrong with you?" I asked moving closer and placing my elbows in his desk.

"Nothing."

"Then why have you been ignoring me?" I asked in a firmer tone.

I am not looking for an argument, I just want to know. And the way he's talking is not making things easy. It just makes me want to strangle him.

I was sitting there, waiting for an answer but all he did was just stare at me, which confused me even more.

"Did your secretary give you my message?" He asked, completely changing the topic.